which van?!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions which van?!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    yidman
    Participant

Hiya

I’m new to the forum, so hi!

I’m looking to buy a camper van for some local exploration with my family, more of a day van I suppose. I want a van that can sit 4 around a table and 4 to drive around, a stove area would be a bonus.

Amy ideas?

Thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    What is your budget?
    Do

Hi

What is your budget?
    Do you need to sleep 2 adults and 2 children in the van.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    What is your budget?
    Do

Hi

What is your budget?
    Do you need to sleep 2 adults and 2 children in the van.

yidman
    Participant

Hi
    Not sure about budget,

Hi

Not sure about budget, around 10k.I don’t necasraily want to sleep 4, but that would be a bonus.

yidman
    Participant

Hi
    Not sure about budget,

Hi

Not sure about budget, around 10k.I don’t necasraily want to sleep 4, but that would be a bonus.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    If you’ll use the vehicle

Hi

If you’ll use the vehicle as a day camper I would recommend a small vehicle such as VW T4/T5 or something like a Toyota Hiace.
    This will give cheaper running costs and make parking easier than a large vehicle.
    Look out for one where the front seats swivel around making a dining area with the rear seats.

Here’s a good looking van that gets close:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-T5-4-BERTH-CAMPER-VAN-07-REG-VW-KOMBI-T4-MOTORHOME-TRANSPORTER-/181292818862?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item2a35e4e1ae

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    If you’ll use the vehicle

Hi

If you’ll use the vehicle as a day camper I would recommend a small vehicle such as VW T4/T5 or something like a Toyota Hiace.
    This will give cheaper running costs and make parking easier than a large vehicle.
    Look out for one where the front seats swivel around making a dining area with the rear seats.

Here’s a good looking van that gets close:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-T5-4-BERTH-CAMPER-VAN-07-REG-VW-KOMBI-T4-MOTORHOME-TRANSPORTER-/181292818862?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item2a35e4e1ae

r.christeson
    Participant

Hello. I just bought my very
    Hello. I just bought my very first rv in the form of an 86 gmc campervan. As a new florida resident I’m staying at my sisters for now. Just started workin a couple weeks ago. I plan ontaking mine out on weekends down to miami beach as well as a couple of overnight stays throughout the week as well. Sounds like fun. Having a fully self contained rvin a 19 foot package mmakes a lotof tthings possibly wouldn’t you agree?

r.christeson
    Participant

Hello. I just bought my very
    Hello. I just bought my very first rv in the form of an 86 gmc campervan. As a new florida resident I’m staying at my sisters for now. Just started workin a couple weeks ago. I plan ontaking mine out on weekends down to miami beach as well as a couple of overnight stays throughout the week as well. Sounds like fun. Having a fully self contained rvin a 19 foot package mmakes a lotof tthings possibly wouldn’t you agree?

BobBe
    Participant

anyone bought a Ford Transit
    anyone bought a Ford Transit chassis and started from scratch?

BobBe
    Participant

anyone bought a Ford Transit
    anyone bought a Ford Transit chassis and started from scratch?

BobBe
    Participant

Are these the correct chassis
    Are these the correct chassis to convert? http://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/newvans/ford/transit-chassis-cab/ Does any one know who can convert it for me?

BobBe
    Participant

Are these the correct chassis
    Are these the correct chassis to convert? http://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/newvans/ford/transit-chassis-cab/ Does any one know who can convert it for me?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.