Which Rooflight for medium roof Ford Transit

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Which Rooflight for medium roof Ford Transit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    katsanders
    Participant

Hi there,

I am just starting on a conversion of a Ford Transit, LWB, medium roof. I want to put a rooflight at the back above the bed but was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for which one to go for?

Had been looking at either one of these two:

Dometic Mini Heki S or Dometic Mini Heki Plus

Mainly because they are not too expensive and not too large!

Can anyone offer any advice on make/model or fitting tips?!

Thanks,
    Kat

mgroadster
    Participant

I have placed one on my MK6
    I have placed one on my MK6 LWB high roof. I bought it from a caravan centre near to me and for the life of me I cannot remember the name but it was about 60/70quid.(last year)
    As the roof has ribs running lengthways, I had to build the sunken parts up with good quality Bonding/sealant after cutting out the hole.
    It is fine, no leaks and fits a treat.
    Measure, measure and measure again before cutting, because once you’ve cut out the hole, there is no going back due to cock ups.

mgroadster
    Participant

I have placed one on my MK6 LWB high roof. I bought it from a caravan centre near to me and for the life of me I cannot remember the name but it was about 60/70quid.(last year)
    As the roof has ribs running lengthways, I had to build the sunken parts up with good quality Bonding/sealant after cutting out the hole.
    Measure, measure and measure again before cutting, because once you’ve cut out the hole, there is no going back due to cock ups.

mgroadster
    Participant

andy m
    Participant

hi kat , i fitted a heki2
    hi kat , i fitted a heki2 into the roof of my transit. bigger than the ones you mention but same problems with corrugated roof. i chose to rout out some 19mm marine ply to the same profile as the roof , fix that to roof and mount the roof light in that if you follow me. ill post a pic to try and give you the idea ta andy.

andy m
    Participant

hi kat , i fitted a heki2 into the roof of my transit. bigger than the ones you mention but same problems with corrugated roof. i chose to rout out some 19mm marine ply to the same profile as the roof , fix that to roof and mount the roof light in that if you follow me. ill post a pic to try and give you the idea ta andy.

andy m
    Participant

andy m
    Participant

sorry both photos above are
    sorry both photos above are same. im not too good with these computers. try this one as well ta andy.

andy m
    Participant

sorry both photos above are same. im not too good with these computers. try this one as well ta andy.

andy m
    Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.