which campervan with kids?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van which campervan with kids?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lizcl
    Participant

Hi, Do you have any advice on what type of Campervan would be good for 2 adults, a small child (currently 2) with room for one more small child (i.e. when baby no. 2 comes along)? I’m concerned that there is a proper back seat for the child seats to be fitted into. Something that would do us well for approx 5 years for weekend UK trips, longer trips to Europe, and that would work as a replacement to our car (i.e. would be used daily). Thanks,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Best van for 2 kids
    Hi

I’d like to resurrect this thread as I’m in exactly the same position of looking for the best van for us and 2 kids.

We sold our converted Hiace (2 berth) before going travelling for a year and since coming back (and having a child) I haven’t managed to find a new van within our budget of around £5K. It seems that all the 4 births are old T25s which I’d rather not get involved with. Would much prefer a newer van.

And then there’s the major issue of safe seats to put the kids in the back. Most 4 births I’ve seen either only have lap belts or if they have three point seat belts the seats aren’t crash tested – often just made of wood.

Seems to me there must be plenty of new families out there looking to invest in a camper and it’d be great to start a discussion where we can share insights on the best van to go for.

At the moment I’m even flirting with the idea of borrowing money to get our budget much higher and buying something that will last us (e.g. moving up into the £15K bracket).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

1. With your increased budget
      With your increased budget you can get a more modern, reliable, and safe vehicle. It will hold it’s value well. It will also be fairly economical, and will allow you to use it more of a daily driver if necessary.

There certainly is a problem with secure seat belts on older vehicles.

Are you looking for a Hi-Ace/VW sized small van?

2. Considering you want to use
    Considering you want to use it everyday I would recommend a smaller vehicle, such as a VW Transporter or a Toyota HiAce. These are economical and easy to drive.

You will definitely need to get one with a proper back seat as you need the seat belts. The seat can still be made into a bed.

What sort of budget do you have?