When its finished what then!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions When its finished what then!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stooby
    Participant

After a van has been converted to a camper.Does it then have to go through a test to make sure everything is ok.The bed/seats and seatbelts are secured correctly etc.Im thinking on having the Unwin rail system for the bed/seats so would that have to be checked?

Scamp
    Participant

I’m not sure ya know, I’d be
    I’m not sure ya know, I’d be interested to know this aswell. It’s just stuff in the back of a van though isn’t it, soo no would be my guess.
    I know you have to write and send pics to the dvla if you want to get it classed as a camper for the cheaper insurance rather than paying can insurance if that’s any news to you lol

Scamp
    Participant

I’m not sure ya know, I’d be
    I’m not sure ya know, I’d be interested to know this aswell. It’s just stuff in the back of a van though isn’t it, soo no would be my guess.
    I know you have to write and send pics to the dvla if you want to get it classed as a camper for the cheaper insurance rather than paying can insurance if that’s any news to you lol

Darren

Normally it doesn’t need a
    Normally it doesn’t need a test.

If you have the vehicle re-registered by the DVLA, that is normally enough information for insurance companies to insure the vehicle as a campervan.
    Sometimes the DVLA will inspect the vehicle.

However, you don’t need to re-register the vehicle with the DVLA. You can insure it as a campervan, as long as you have converted it. Insurance companies normally ask you to take a form to campervan dealer to tick off that it has a bed, water tank, etc.

Here is more information about the process:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/building/legal

Darren

Normally it doesn’t need a
    Normally it doesn’t need a test.

If you have the vehicle re-registered by the DVLA, that is normally enough information for insurance companies to insure the vehicle as a campervan.
    Sometimes the DVLA will inspect the vehicle.

However, you don’t need to re-register the vehicle with the DVLA. You can insure it as a campervan, as long as you have converted it. Insurance companies normally ask you to take a form to campervan dealer to tick off that it has a bed, water tank, etc.

Here is more information about the process:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/building/legal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.