what seat is best?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions what seat is best?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    meredith
    Participant

I am attempting my first conversion. Bought the van, a Vauxhall Movano MR lwb, two days ago and want to crack on asap. My first job has to be sorting a seat out in the back for my kids. I want a 3 seat bench, that fully reclines so I can use it as a bed for my little ones, but also folds up flat – I have a plan to make this into a sort of sofa when not in use as a bed or a travelling seat, with the clever use of broom handles, canvas and memory foam. The seat will also have to have “legs” as opposed to being sat down low, as my kids will want to look out of the window (when I’ve put a window in, that is!). Oh and it has to have integral seatbelts. Has anybody got ideas about what seat I should go for, where to get it, and how much it is likely to cost. Please bear in mind I am extremely poor, and shall be doing most of the work myself… Thanks in advance…

Darren
    Keymaster

It might be worth looking at
    It might be worth looking at mini bus or MPV seats, as the seat belt integration is difficult to do. eBay is a good place to look. Or local breakers.

Darren
    Keymaster

It might be worth looking at mini bus or MPV seats, as the seat belt integration is difficult to do. eBay is a good place to look. Or local breakers.

Darren
    Keymaster

Jane

Mazda Bongo seats do all
    Mazda Bongo seats do all these things and you can often pick them up on ebay. The middle row of seats is particularly good since it has 3 seats (mine is reversed and I have 3 lap belts on it),it lays down flat (although needs something to flatten it ot a bit), and if you fold it all the way forwards it has tables on the vback of it.

Jane

Mazda Bongo seats do all
    Mazda Bongo seats do all these things and you can often pick them up on ebay. The middle row of seats is particularly good since it has 3 seats (mine is reversed and I have 3 lap belts on it),it lays down flat (although needs something to flatten it ot a bit), and if you fold it all the way forwards it has tables on the vback of it.

Jane

Mazda Bongo seats do all

meredith
    Participant

Hi Darren – I looked at
    Hi Darren – I looked at minibus seats – the height is great, but they didn’t fold or recline back. Thanks for replying!

meredith
    Participant

Hi Darren – I looked at
    Hi Darren – I looked at minibus seats – the height is great, but they didn’t fold or recline back. Thanks for replying!

meredith
    Participant

Hi Darren – I looked at

meredith
    Participant

Thanks Jane – I shall have a
    Thanks Jane – I shall have a look for them now!

meredith
    Participant

meredith
    Participant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.