what battery

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eagle
    Participant

Hi Can anyone help me with choice of leisure battery,

I have fridge, 3×12″ strip lights, shower, dashboard fan runing of it,

when I looked at them there was a lot of different values, so confused 🙁

Thanks.
    Ricky.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky
    What sort of fridge

Hi Ricky

What sort of fridge do you have? Is it a gas fridge or an electric only fridge?
    Do you have a split-charge relay to charge the leisure battery when the engine is running?
    How much room do you have for the leisure battery, quite a bit?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky
    What sort of fridge

Hi Ricky

What sort of fridge do you have? Is it a gas fridge or an electric only fridge?
    Do you have a split-charge relay to charge the leisure battery when the engine is running?
    How much room do you have for the leisure battery, quite a bit?

eagle
    Participant

fridge
    Hi Darren,

I managed to change password.
    The fridge is both gas & electric I think, it is Electrolux RM212,F, as for the battery, I have plenty space in one of the boxes under the seat, there are 2 wires in the box that come through the side beside the fridge meaning I would have to remove the fridge to trace them then they may go through the plywood and disappear again, the wires look a little thin to run off a battery but I don’t know what they should look like, there is also a ZIG CF8 unit fitted, it works but must be off the engine battery, again I don’t know how they get their energy.
    Ricky.

eagle
    Participant

fridge
    Hi Darren,

I managed to change password.
    The fridge is both gas & electric I think, it is Electrolux RM212,F, as for the battery, I have plenty space in one of the boxes under the seat, there are 2 wires in the box that come through the side beside the fridge meaning I would have to remove the fridge to trace them then they may go through the plywood and disappear again, the wires look a little thin to run off a battery but I don’t know what they should look like, there is also a ZIG CF8 unit fitted, it works but must be off the engine battery, again I don’t know how they get their energy.
    Ricky.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky
    A 3-way fridge is

Hi Ricky

A 3-way fridge is designed to run off the battery only when necessary, such as when on a ferry. It will probably only last a few hours before flattening the battery.
    Your other items will not use a lot of power. I would opt for a single 110ah battery.
    The following website is recommended, and I have linked to their cheapest 100ah battery, which will be fine.

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Motorhome-Batteries-S461-1.html

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky
    A 3-way fridge is

Hi Ricky

A 3-way fridge is designed to run off the battery only when necessary, such as when on a ferry. It will probably only last a few hours before flattening the battery.
    Your other items will not use a lot of power. I would opt for a single 110ah battery.
    The following website is recommended, and I have linked to their cheapest 100ah battery, which will be fine.

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Motorhome-Batteries-S461-1.html

eagle
    Participant

battery
    Hi Darren,

Thank you for your help but it looks like there are no cables for a leisure battery the wires I spoke about are going nowhere they are loose not connected to anything son will have to come up with some other idea.

Ricky.

eagle
    Participant

battery
    Hi Darren,

Thank you for your help but it looks like there are no cables for a leisure battery the wires I spoke about are going nowhere they are loose not connected to anything son will have to come up with some other idea.

Ricky.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.