Water freezing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Campervan Dave
    Participant

My van’s water tank is on the exterior. This is a problem when I go skiing in the Alps as it freezes. Is it possible to buy and fit a 12volt warming element to prevent this? Anyone got any ideas which will help. I have been told to add vodka to the tank but I don’t wish to get drunk every time I clean my teeth.

mgroadster
    Participant

Could you not buy a cylinder
    Could you not buy a cylinder jacket to wrap round it, then over the top of that wrap a waterproof membrane to prevent ingress of snow etc damaging the jacket?

mgroadster
    Participant

Could you not buy a cylinder jacket to wrap round it, then over the top of that wrap a waterproof membrane to prevent ingress of snow etc damaging the jacket?

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

OR build a thermal box for it to go in out of ply and polystyrene lining?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.