VW transporter T5 floor ‘plates’

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions VW transporter T5 floor ‘plates’

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    gordon67
    Participant

I am hoping to put seats in the back of my VW Transporter T5. I have been told that the floor plan could be the same as a combi or caravelle, having the same holes/fixings for seats. Does anyone know how I would find out how to fit seats into my van. I am looking at several sets on ebay but dont know how I will know which can be fitted in my van and if it is best to go for seats originally from a transporter.
    steve

Kris
    Participant

Im of no help Lol
    Hi I cant realy help but I just brought some seats drilled some holes and bolted them in lol
    are you using it for a camper or passangers?

Kris
    Participant

Im of no help Lol
    Hi I cant realy help but I just brought some seats drilled some holes and bolted them in lol

Kris
    Participant

Im of no help Lol

gordon67
    Participant

hey, its for passengers. did
    hey, its for passengers. did you inform dvla that you had put more seats in? do you have to get the log book altered?

gordon67
    Participant

hey, its for passengers. did you inform dvla that you had put more seats in? do you have to get the log book altered?

gordon67
    Participant

Kris
    Participant

Seats
    I’ve fitted my seats but havn’t informed anyone yet :S
    But From what I could gather (very Little) as long as the seats are secure (I heard M10 bolts are fine with large washers) and secure seat belts there fine, but I think the best thing is probably to call someone that does the conversions for you and get as much info out of them as you can. and maby call an m.o.t garage.

But heres some quotes I found;

1) I had a transit van which I insured as a six seater, because I had a triple bench seat in the back. I used some kee klamp brackets bolted through the floor, so it was secured, and legit. You could have the seat either parallel with the sides, behind the driver, or parallel with the front seats behind the driver, or right at the back…
    All I had to say was that it had been modified, when I insured it

2) If you want to change the number of seats in the van you need to make sure your insurance reflects this.
    If you are adding them make sure the seats are correctly installed [they usually require a reinforcement plate under the floor of the van at each mounting point and that the seats all have seat belts. [Try and avoid mounting seats where you will need to drill through the chassis – its a bad idea and a pain to do.] Once the seats are correctly fitted you should be able to send off the V5 for updating without any trouble and they should also pass an mot like that.

all the best

Kris

Kris
    Participant

Seats
    But From what I could gather (very Little) as long as the seats are secure (I heard M10 bolts are fine with large washers) and secure seat belts there fine, but I think the best thing is probably to call someone that does the conversions for you and get as much info out of them as you can. and maby call an m.o.t garage.

1) I had a transit van which I insured as a six seater, because I had a triple bench seat in the back. I used some kee klamp brackets bolted through the floor, so it was secured, and legit. You could have the seat either parallel with the sides, behind the driver, or parallel with the front seats behind the driver, or right at the back…

2) If you want to change the number of seats in the van you need to make sure your insurance reflects this.
    If you are adding them make sure the seats are correctly installed [they usually require a reinforcement plate under the floor of the van at each mounting point and that the seats all have seat belts. [Try and avoid mounting seats where you will need to drill through the chassis – its a bad idea and a pain to do.] Once the seats are correctly fitted you should be able to send off the V5 for updating without any trouble and they should also pass an mot like that.

all the best

Kris

Kris
    Participant

Seats

all the best

Kris

Darren
    Keymaster

I have read an MOT tester
    I have read an MOT tester commenting about how they are not structural engineers. When it comes to an MOT they check the belt clips in well, and that there is no decay (rust) within 12 inches of where the seat belt mounts to the vehicle. I don’t believe they check for anything else.

It’s always worth checking with your insurance company before you make any major changes.

Darren
    Keymaster

I have read an MOT tester commenting about how they are not structural engineers. When it comes to an MOT they check the belt clips in well, and that there is no decay (rust) within 12 inches of where the seat belt mounts to the vehicle. I don’t believe they check for anything else.

It’s always worth checking with your insurance company before you make any major changes.

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.