Very unusual “split screen”

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale Very unusual “split screen”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    acorn
    Participant

Hobbes is a Land Rover Forward Control 101” Ambulance Body A VERY orange rover.
    It served with 144 Field Ambulance (airborne) – (my quarters next door neighbour was the RSM) and did a stint in Bosnia.

We obtained “Hobbes” in 1999 shortly after he was de-mobbed from the army (and ten years after me..) still fully equipped as an ambulance. We converted it to become an expedition vehicle complete with beds, seats, cupboard space, roof tent, water heater and wood burning stove, roof rails for roof tent, rear door awning etc. plus a few luxuries such as Trakkers front seats.

It has the 3.5 litre V8 engine (converted to LPG/unleaded) electronic ignition and flamethrower coil, with 120 ltr LPG tank and 85ltr petrol tank. All else is standard but being the V8 and because it runs on LPG is very quiet. Some have been converted to diesel but are quite noisy.

We have been around the clock in it (100,000 km not miles!) and there is now 125,000 km on the clock which is just under 78,000 – barely run in.

We have been all over Europe and UK in it with our two kids and as you would expect whenever we stop people come over to chat, which leads to lots of friends and many happy memories. We have not been away in Hobbes for a couple of years now and as I eluded to, some discussion has taken place as to the best future for him. It would be good to think he would be used again to transport a family (or anyone) on adventures near and far. I currently use him as a base for teaching Bushcraft which although iconic it really does not do him justice, but is not the end of the world.

However, to part with him I would be looking for around £8000 or to swap/px for something which can replace him as an adventure vehicle or project. All the usual applies; MOT until July, Taxed until August. Lots of running spares which are a pre-requisite of running and owning a 101. Wood burner included but roof tent not but may consider an offer.

If you’d like to have a look around please let me know. Done it!

If anyone can explain picture loading I’ll put some shots on

JJJP

Wood stove insurance
    Hi Acorn,

Just wondering how you went about sourcing insurance for the vehicle with the wood stove fitted?

JJJP

Wood stove insurance
    Hi Acorn,

Just wondering how you went about sourcing insurance for the vehicle with the wood stove fitted?

JJJP

Wood stove insurance
    Hi Acorn,

JJJP
    Participant

Wood stove insurance
    Just linking my account to this question 🙂

JJJP
    Participant

Wood stove insurance

JJJP
    Participant

Wood stove insurance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.