upholstry – bed seat advice needed,

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions upholstry – bed seat advice needed,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    piglet
    Participant

Hi,
    I am in charge of getting our bed seat padding sorted. I’ve been generous with five inch foam, (possibly a little too thick!) Have so far used leatherette and it seems to have held well and no splits through were stitched. But, it needs to be re fitted. Should I make the covers to fit the pads only and then attach to the base boards (if so how?) or should I encorporate the board into the seat cover a nd staple gun the cover over the foam onto the board?
    Any advice much appreciated. Ta

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Hi
    Hi piglet
    5 inch foam sounds nice and comfortable, don’t worry about it being too much 😉
    It’s hard to say without seeing it (do you have pics?) but I would leave the base boards outside of the covers, and attached some how. Maybe with contact adhesive, or Velcro if you want to remove them?
    The covers tend to fit better if the hug the form, rather than take the shape of the board.

Hope this helps.

1. thanks for that. That sounds
      thanks for that. That sounds pretty sensible. I may have a play with attatching velcro. We wondered abouty glueing the board to the foam and then encasing it all in the covers but it may leave the underside more liable to tearing when screwed to the base.