TV in France advice

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    simonyeo
    Participant

Hello All

Off to France on 21st July in mother-in-laws camper.

I’m not normally bothered about watching TV whilst camping but think I might be a nice option seeing as we’re away for the Olympics.

When we’ve tried to use the TV it doesn’t get a signal and I guess that’s because the UK has gone digital and the tv is analogue.

Can anybody offer any advice on what the options are for picking-up a TV signal whilst in France?

Can I buy a digibox here and have it work in France?

Is there another/better way?

Thanks
    Simon

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France
    Hi Simon,
    I think your first thought was the best; don’t be bothered about watching TV at all, Olympics or no Olympics. I’ve ust got back from France myself, and it’s such a beautiful place with so many things to do, why bother?
    However, you can pick up BBC 5Live on medium wave in the evening fairly far south if you want sports results or take a lap top and keep abreast of the sports news that way. No iPlayer I’m afraid. Lots of camps and bars etc have free wifi now. Of course you could always hang around Les Bars Des Sports although you might pick up an unwanted reputation. . . for drinking that is!

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France
    Hi Simon,
    I think your first thought was the best; don’t be bothered about watching TV at all, Olympics or no Olympics. I’ve ust got back from France myself, and it’s such a beautiful place with so many things to do, why bother?
    However, you can pick up BBC 5Live on medium wave in the evening fairly far south if you want sports results or take a lap top and keep abreast of the sports news that way. No iPlayer I’m afraid. Lots of camps and bars etc have free wifi now. Of course you could always hang around Les Bars Des Sports although you might pick up an unwanted reputation. . . for drinking that is!

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France
    Hi Simon,

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France
    Hi Simon,

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France
    p.s. You’re not wanting to watch T.V. because you’re TAKING your mother-in-law are you? That’s VERY un-P.C.

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France
    p.s. You’re not wanting to watch T.V. because you’re TAKING your mother-in-law are you? That’s VERY un-P.C.

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France

Snowy Melton
    Participant

T V in France

lazarus
    Participant

if you absolutly have to have
    if you absolutly have to have to have tv then may be some thing like this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Satellite-System-Camping-Satellite-Kit-complete-Portable-Satellite-kit-/280835556331?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item41631a83eb
    should get rid of a lot of the signal issues and i suspect you might find a few more english language channels.

lazarus
    Participant

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Satellite-System-Camping-Satellite-Kit-complete-Portable-Satellite-kit-/280835556331?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item41631a83eb
    should get rid of a lot of the signal issues and i suspect you might find a few more english language channels.

lazarus
    Participant

lazarus
    Participant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.