transit vs sprinter vs something else

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale transit vs sprinter vs something else

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    matthewmoore3
    Participant

Hi..

im new to the forum, looks great 🙂

[edit] sorry i just realised i posted this in the wrong section, apologies! [edit]

Me and my girlfriend have around £4000-£6000 to spend on a van that we hope to eventually be using a lot.. maybe staying in it mostly in one location and sometimes traveling.

We want a panel van with side window, medium or long wheel base and as high roof as possible.. (im 6ft 2″) .. we aren’t looking to load it with fitted cupboards/seats and stuff, or get one already like that.. we just want a open space, at least to start with.

from what i have read around in other places the Mercedes Sprinter and the Ford Transit are most talked about..

does anyone have any opinions on these, or other recommendations to get the best value for the money, maybe there is a better option for the money… any advice would be much appreciated. I have heard The Transit is much cheaper to repair than the Sprinter, is that right? that would be quite a deal breaker as don’t have a lot of spare cash to be throwing around.

thanks,

Matthew

mgroadster
    Participant

Either would probably suit
    Either would probably suit your needs. Spares are readily avail for both. There really is no comparison to be made, and if there are they are negligible, and you should choose the van that you are happiest with.

mgroadster
    Participant

Either would probably suit your needs. Spares are readily avail for both. There really is no comparison to be made, and if there are they are negligible, and you should choose the van that you are happiest with.

mgroadster
    Participant

matthewmoore3
    Participant

hey.. thanks. yes seems
    hey.. thanks. yes seems they both are well recommended. ill have a look at some ads and see what i can get for the money.

matthewmoore3
    Participant

hey.. thanks. yes seems
    hey.. thanks. yes seems they both are well recommended. ill have a look at some ads and see what i can get for the money.

matthewmoore3
    Participant

hey.. thanks. yes seems

Darren
    Keymaster

I’ve owned 2 Sprinters and
    I’ve owned 2 Sprinters and both have been very economical to run. Never had any big repair bills. In fact, I’ve rarely had to pay for any repairs.
    I’ve driven a new Transit and it was great to drive. Move car like than the Sprinter.
    All vans have pros and cons.
    Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen and front wheel drive and you’ll get more headroom in the back.
    Iveco’s rarely seem to rust, unlike Transits and Sprinters.

Darren
    Keymaster

I’ve owned 2 Sprinters and both have been very economical to run. Never had any big repair bills. In fact, I’ve rarely had to pay for any repairs.
    I’ve driven a new Transit and it was great to drive. Move car like than the Sprinter.
    Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen and front wheel drive and you’ll get more headroom in the back.

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.