Too good to be true?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Too good to be true?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dilby
    Participant

Hi all –

I’m currently on my quest to buy my first camper – a small budget and realistically looking at an old van conversion such as a talbot ducato etc. However, when I look at some 2nd hand directories, it’s common for motorhomes to come up that are newer and cheaper and frankly too good to be true. So my question is: is this a well known con – I’d love to believe such prices but something seems fishy. And if so, why is it so common? (For example, mercedes coach built campers in good condition for 5k only 5 years old?). Example link below:

http://www.ukvehicles.net/find?type=rv&year_min=2000&price_max=6500&mileage_max=99999

Thanks

Darren

That does seem too goo to be
    That does seem too goo to be true. You are right to question it.
    I can’t see such a Mercedes on the link you sent, and so I guess someone has reported it, and it has been removed?

Darren

That does seem too goo to be
    That does seem too goo to be true. You are right to question it.
    I can’t see such a Mercedes on the link you sent, and so I guess someone has reported it, and it has been removed?

Anonymous

Sadly scams like that are
    Sadly scams like that are very common – I’ve not been on the receiving end so not sure quite how they work but I believe they have a fantastic offer and then tell you that there’s lots of interest so you need to secure it with a deposit of a few £000 – and then they disappear with your money.
    I can’t actually believe people pay money over like this but there are so many it must work.

Anonymous

Sadly scams like that are
    Sadly scams like that are very common – I’ve not been on the receiving end so not sure quite how they work but I believe they have a fantastic offer and then tell you that there’s lots of interest so you need to secure it with a deposit of a few £000 – and then they disappear with your money.
    I can’t actually believe people pay money over like this but there are so many it must work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.