Tin opener time.

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Tin opener time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

Well after doing some stuff on my camper yesterday, although very happy with my two privacy bonded side windows I fitted, there seemed to be something missing when looking as a whole at the vehicle.
    I have now decided to get the tin opener out again and fit two rear door privacy windows. I always think the MK6 Transits look really good with these fitted, so it’s…”here we go again” as I thought I had lain the jig saw to rest on this project…….

Andy P
    Participant

Which windows do you use?
    Hiya, MGRoadster,

What brand of window do you find most easy to install and the best for the purpose? OK, I know windows come in all sorts of flavours, but where do you spend your money? Or is reclaiming from a scrap yard for second hand doors with factory fitted windows an easier and cheaper route for us hapless newbies?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, MGRoadster,

What brand of window do you find most easy to install and the best for the purpose? OK, I know windows come in all sorts of flavours, but where do you spend your money? Or is reclaiming from a scrap yard for second hand doors with factory fitted windows an easier and cheaper route for us hapless newbies?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, MGRoadster,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, MGRoadster,

Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

Bonded windows are easy to
    Bonded windows are easy to fit. Not only that, but I wouldn’t want to fit dated windows to my van.
    A MK6 transit with bonded privacy windows looks really great, compared to an old type with rubber surrounds. For me it’s also about aesthetics. I’ve done plenty on a budget inc. scouring boot sales for interior stuff but the exterior appearance is paramount to me also.
    Matching privacy glass on both doors will really make it look great.Then the colour flashes for the sides.

mgroadster
    Participant

Bonded windows are easy to fit. Not only that, but I wouldn’t want to fit dated windows to my van.
    A MK6 transit with bonded privacy windows looks really great, compared to an old type with rubber surrounds. For me it’s also about aesthetics. I’ve done plenty on a budget inc. scouring boot sales for interior stuff but the exterior appearance is paramount to me also.
    Matching privacy glass on both doors will really make it look great.Then the colour flashes for the sides.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.