Thermal window insulation – help please

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Thermal window insulation – help please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Judy
    Participant

I have recently bought a transit campervan and would like to install thermal window blinds. I know manufactured blinds are available for the cab but the rear ones are DIY. Does anyone have advise on how to do this, What to use, where to buy it etc.etc.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds
    When I insulated My van with airtec (A kind of silver bubble wrap) I had some left over so I cut pieces to fit the inside of My windows and secured it in place with self adhesive velcro tape. Airtec is easy to cut with scissors and light weight, so You only need a few small strips of velcro to fix it to the window surrounds.
    During the day I just peel it off and roll it up.
    Airtec is available from builders merchants or mail order from http://www.screwfix.com/p/airtec-double-insulation-1-05-x-25m/21112 The velcro tape came from My local Poundstretcher store.
    This may not be the best looking solution but it works well. the insulation keeps the van warmer in winter and the reflective surface helps to keep it cool in summer.

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds
    When I insulated My van with airtec (A kind of silver bubble wrap) I had some left over so I cut pieces to fit the inside of My windows and secured it in place with self adhesive velcro tape. Airtec is easy to cut with scissors and light weight, so You only need a few small strips of velcro to fix it to the window surrounds.
    Airtec is available from builders merchants or mail order from http://www.screwfix.com/p/airtec-double-insulation-1-05-x-25m/21112 The velcro tape came from My local Poundstretcher store.
    This may not be the best looking solution but it works well. the insulation keeps the van warmer in winter and the reflective surface helps to keep it cool in summer.

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

DAVEY
    Participant

Thermal Blinds

Hope this helps,

Davey.

Judy
    Participant

Thermal blinds
    Hi Davey
    Thanks for the advise. Possibly a longer roll than I need, but definately pointed in the right direction.
    Thanks again.
    Judy

Judy
    Participant

Thermal blinds
    Hi Davey
    Thanks for the advise. Possibly a longer roll than I need, but definately pointed in the right direction.
    Thanks again.
    Judy

Judy
    Participant

Thermal blinds
    Hi Davey
    Thanks again.
    Judy

Judy
    Participant

Thermal blinds
    Hi Davey
    Thanks again.
    Judy

Judy
    Participant

Thermal blinds
    Hi Davey
    Thanks again.
    Judy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.