The not so nice subject ….

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions The not so nice subject ….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gary217
    Participant

Hi – we’ve just got our van, it’s got a converted interior but we deliberatley went for a small van (VW Transporter panel van conversion) for drivability and ease of getting places. We love it and can see how it’ll work well for us, especially with a drive away awning for when we stop for a few days in a place. There’s just one element that we’re not sure about and that’s what to do about a toilet – not a very appealing subject I know but it’s an essential part of life.

Our conundrum is we don’t have much space so not having a porta pottie will save space but doing those trecks in the dark to the toilet block after a couple of beers does not appeal. The options we can come up with are 1) porta pottie (maybe housed in a buddy seat when travelling for aesthetics) that goes into the awning when parked; 2) a bucket (with a lid) 3) nothing and just use the toilet blocks.

1) is the most practical and keeps it all more hygenic but takes up valuable space; 2) takes up less space, is cheap but not so nice/hygenic 3)is more risky, especially as we’re going across europe and the hole in the ground is still very much alive and well in some parts (personally I just cannot use one of those even though I’m told it is the most natural position…!!) – also doing the walk and avoiding peoples tie ropes etc at night does not really appeal. I’ve purposely not included nipping out of the van to wee at night as on a nice site where kids play that’s just too gross and unfair.

Would be very interested to know what others with relatively small vans do please and also any solutions that i have not thought of.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. I went with 1, porta potti.
    I went with 1, porta potti. Very useful when caught short, or first thing in the morning.