The campers I used to have…

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van The campers I used to have…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Major Gruber
    Participant

I miss the Transit most but the winter of 2009 froze the engine and destroyed it 🙁

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. What was the Bongo like
    nice to drive if a little noisy with the engine being under the front seats,..bit small and cramped ok for 2 but defo nothing more …come full of tricks like electric blinds on the rear windows which you can operated from the front, electic rising roof plus loads of other niceties … they’re pretty awful on fuel and dont come under sealed as japs dont use salt so you have to have them wax oiled and keep a close eye on the body work…the 2.5 tdi which is the most common has a very weak cylinder head and if the engine overheats which they seam prone to doing cracks the cylinder head…plenty of info on bongofury the owners forum …real good group with loads of info and support….

2. What was the Bongo like? All
    What was the Bongo like? All the cool and trendy surfers have them now….

3. hiace
    it was extremely reliable nice to drive(though bit slow being the 2.8 non turbo version) and quite spacious but was awful on fuel being 4×4 auto… low 20s mpg in town and mid to high 20s out….had it for 2.5 years ..sold it no problem and never lost much on it having bought it privately and not from some rip off dealer …

4. Hiace
    What was the Hiace like to live with? Toying with converting a Hiace myself.

I used to have a ’72 Bedford CF Dormobile. Haven’t any pics but it was this model..

http://www.bedfordcf.co.uk/br/br43.htm

Was loads of fun and we drove thousands of miles in it.

5. campers I used to have
    my old vans….

6. campers of yore
    I have an LT 35 now. The T25 was ok for camping, but I couldn’t transport my scooter in it. My plan was to get a T4 and convert that, but the prices went silly a couple of years ago, so i bought this one.

7. Sorry to hear about the
    Sorry to hear about the Transit.

You have a VW now?