T5 newbie

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself T5 newbie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kombired
    Participant

Hi, I’m Rob from Sheffield. New to campervanning, bought the van 3 weeks ago and have already been to the south of France in it. This one happened to have the features I wanted and was local, so I bought it quick, perhaps too quick as it cost me £950 in the first week for a new water pump, power steering pump and a service. I thought the 174bhp engine would be better for not having a cambelt, but it seems it has faults in other areas. Anyway, it’s going like a bomb now. It’s a 2005 by the way.

Specs are Rainbow side conversion with SMEV sink and double burner, Zig Marque 1 panel and battery charger, Waeco 12v fridge, Heatsource HS1800 gas interior heater, electric water pump, 12v and 240v sockets and 2 interior strip lights.
    Reimo elevating roof with folding bed. Variotech rails and 2 seats folding to make a bed.
    I’ve taken the seats out, and might sell one of them, as I’m using the Variotech rails to mount steel crossbars for attaching tie-downs to secure one or other of my motorbikes (Nortons) for trips to distant rallies and so on. I was worried the tracks might pull out of the floor, but they are designed for the weight of 4 adults on the seats, and I had no problems on the trip to France.
    Still working on making the roof bed comfortable for two, though an air bed on the floor is good for one person when the bike is out.
    I’d like a side awning, drive-away tent type, any recommendations?

Finally, I’m having battery charging problems, see my post in the vehicle maintenance forum and please help if you can.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. hi Rob great lookin bus,
    hi Rob great lookin bus, check out justkampers for awnings or I have a reimo easy camp great if away for a week or more, also got a coleman classic tent awning great for 1 or 2 nights and the bike fits in ok (triumph)Also a great VW show is ‘vanfest’ sept time malvern 3counties show ground. have fun on bikes keep it on 2wheels. Mark T4

2. Hi Rob
    Great looking

Hi Rob

Great looking van.
    Vans always have engine troubles. You just seem to have had yours right away. At least it’s going well now.
    Can’t recommend any awnings, sorry.