Storage space

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Storage space

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    julesandlinda
    Participant

Hi all, We have found a great way to create extra storage in vans with sliding doors or where you have bit of wall space 1.3M high by .6M approx. Ikea sell 3 tier plastic shoe cupboards. These are light and very easy fit. They open from the top and are designed to drop shoes in. They are ideal for campers as they are slim and unlike cupboards they can’t come open and let stuff fall our and are better than draws as you only have to open them a bit at the top. Ideal for food especially and will take wine bottles etc too. They are £28.00 ish for a set of 3, which stack on top of each other and then you screw through the back of them to the wall. They fit great onto a wall just inside a sliding door or similar. We have fitted these just inside the sliding door of our Renault Master and they work really well.

Jules.

mgroadster
    Participant

I think I understand the
    I think I understand the idea, but is there clearance room between the van body and the door when you want to open the sliding door? OR have I lost the plot and misunderstood the concept? As they sound ideal.

mgroadster
    Participant

I think I understand the
    I think I understand the idea, but is there clearance room between the van body and the door when you want to open the sliding door? OR have I lost the plot and misunderstood the concept? As they sound ideal.

mgroadster
    Participant

I think I understand the

mgroadster
    Participant

I think I understand the

Darren
    Keymaster

Can you add a photo?
    Can you add a photo?

Darren
    Keymaster

Can you add a photo?
    Can you add a photo?

Darren
    Keymaster

Can you add a photo?
    Can you add a photo?

Darren
    Keymaster

Can you add a photo?
    Can you add a photo?

Debs

I think they mean fit the
    I think they mean fit the boxes into the gap in the panel of the door. I’ve been thinking of doing something like this on mine by cutting doors into the ply boards and putting shelves in the gaps,it means i wouldn’t be able to insulate the top section of the van but iv’e got the bottom sections insulated.

Debs

I think they mean fit the boxes into the gap in the panel of the door. I’ve been thinking of doing something like this on mine by cutting doors into the ply boards and putting shelves in the gaps,it means i wouldn’t be able to insulate the top section of the van but iv’e got the bottom sections insulated.

Debs

Debs

Debs

space
    I think they mean using the space in panel of the door. I’ve been thinking of doing this on my van by cutting doors in the top sections of ply lining and fitting shelves in the gap,means i won’t be able to insulate the top section but the bottom section is insulated so i hope that will be enough.

Debs

space
    I think they mean using the space in panel of the door. I’ve been thinking of doing this on my van by cutting doors in the top sections of ply lining and fitting shelves in the gap,means i won’t be able to insulate the top section but the bottom section is insulated so i hope that will be enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.