some sort of socket

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions some sort of socket

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hayjoe
    Participant

can anyone please tell me wot this is for:)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. coomcamperconverts February 15, 2011 at 11:19 pm

sokets
    no worries enjoy

2. coomcamperconverts February 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm

hay joes wiring
    i’ll take the second question first,of course you can use the wiring for something else.use the 15 amp fused supply to power your stereo and the heavier 50amp to fix up your 12 v supply for the lap top.but think twice before you go ripping anything out. a boiler and handwash unit are handy things to have .looks like a tidy professional job was done on the wiring too.there are those who would love to have them.infact the setup that is there will more than likely let you tap in and take two new or even more supplys for whatever you like.certainly your stereo and laptop are not goin to overload a .system setup for a boiler.a boiler and or a kettle are about the hungriest users of power that you are going to come across unless of course you are lucky enough to have a shower.
    still cannot say what that black socket is for .but if it is wired through a 5 amp fuse it aint goin to be much of a power supply.still if your going to be wiring up anything even a parking light i would say the first thing you should do is buy a 12v phase tester and a multi meter .these are usually available super cheap and will allow you to do a lot of work as well as diagnose problems with the electrical system

1. whoes the man…? your the
      whoes the man…? your the man .. thanks very much.. joe:)

3. hi it has a red and black
    hi it has a red and black wires. red wire going to a 5 amp fuse on the interior light and the black goes to this box.. see photo i also have a hand wash unit on a 15 amp fuse and a water boiler unit on a 50 amp fuse. im removing these 2 unitsand was wondering if i could use the wiring for anything else ie need a 12 volt socket for my laptop and a car stereo running of my leisure batteries

4. coomcamperconverts February 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm

wat dat
    where in the van is it situated?, looks like some sort of electrical socket maybe just a power supply for a two pin continental type plug. can you open the front of the unit and trace the wires?.get a multimeter or phase tester and see is there power there. is the van fitted with an inverter /converter?(set up to take mains power)

1. dont think it has a inverter
      dont think it has a inverter it on the main controlbox in the maddle van..