Sliding panel window

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Sliding panel window

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Craig Palli
    Participant

Hi All,

I am currently doing my lt28 conversion but can’t seem to find a real cost effective way of putting in a fixed window in the side panel of the sliding door , I don’t have a big budget most already gone on the inside lol, can you fit any type of window ie bonded or rubber sealed from another vw and cut the panel to size? Or from a similar style of van ie merc ?.All the pre fab windows are out of my price range so any tips or links would be really useful.

Thanks in advance
    Craig & Jules
    Vw lt 28 1998 R

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I think it will be hard to make a bonded window from another vehicle fit. A rubber sealed might work. One of the best options I have seen is an old car sunroof, installed into the sliding door. It was tinted, opened and was probably £10 from a scrappies yard. Have you considered an old caravan window?

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I think it will be hard to make a bonded window from another vehicle fit. A rubber sealed might work. One of the best options I have seen is an old car sunroof, installed into the sliding door. It was tinted, opened and was probably £10 from a scrappies yard. Have you considered an old caravan window?

Craig Palli
    Participant

Hi Darren,
    Hi Darren,

thanks for the reply I like the idea of a sunroof will look into it, I found a window which says its for my model of van, however I have never seen a side door with a window??
    Here it is
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/side-window-vw-lt-1997-2007-side-panel-front-green-617x1071mm-new-genuine-vw-part-pn-2d1845301a/1080485641
    Any advice on the window be great before I buy ?.
    I wish I had found this site earlier as the interior is almost complete and now I have many many things to change ( despite my research I think I needed to do more ) ie vent my battery, vent my gas bottle I vented it for cooking tho lol.

Attached interior progress thoughts??
    Cheers

Craig & Jules

Craig Palli
    Participant

Hi Darren,
    Hi Darren,

thanks for the reply I like the idea of a sunroof will look into it, I found a window which says its for my model of van, however I have never seen a side door with a window??
    Here it is
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/side-window-vw-lt-1997-2007-side-panel-front-green-617x1071mm-new-genuine-vw-part-pn-2d1845301a/1080485641
    Any advice on the window be great before I buy ?.
    I wish I had found this site earlier as the interior is almost complete and now I have many many things to change ( despite my research I think I needed to do more ) ie vent my battery, vent my gas bottle I vented it for cooking tho lol.

Attached interior progress thoughts??
    Cheers

Craig & Jules

Darren

Hi Craig
    Hi Craig

It’s quite common for a door in the side door. I have one. It really helps with visibility when driving on your own, on some junctions.
    That window looks like it is green glass, which might not suit everyone, however looks like a bargain.

Darren

Hi Craig
    Hi Craig

It’s quite common for a door in the side door. I have one. It really helps with visibility when driving on your own, on some junctions.
    That window looks like it is green glass, which might not suit everyone, however looks like a bargain.

carolynn
    Participant

HI
    The reply from darren is spot on. if you dont have the budget right now, then sliding doors and wndoes from any old caravn is the best way. And there is a reason that the sliding dorrs were so famous in old times. Hope to get a reply an pls uplaod a picture when you get one.

carolynn
    Participant

HI
    The reply from darren is spot on. if you dont have the budget right now, then sliding doors and wndoes from any old caravn is the best way. And there is a reason that the sliding dorrs were so famous in old times. Hope to get a reply an pls uplaod a picture when you get one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.