Rustoleum, primers and rust prevention?

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Rustoleum, primers and rust prevention?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ivy Bay
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to get some expert advice, I have a T2 Camper van I am planning to repaint it myself as there is no way that I can afford a professional paint job.

I was hoping that people could give me their opinions about a good thorough process for painting. I wanted to make sure that I put a primer or something that will protect her from rust as a layer on first. I have heard about Rustoleum products, but I am not sure exactly what I need to use from their range. I have heard that this is a good option, I don’t know if there are better.

I would like to do several layers of paint and use a fine sandpaper of uneven parts, there are some patches that have been replaced that would need to be smoothed down. I just want to make sure I do things step by step and in the right order with the right materials.

If anyone can give me some advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.