Retired old duffers seek advice.

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Retired old duffers seek advice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Eugene Molloy
    Participant

Hi folks,

In common no doubt with many other newcomers to the site I’d like some advice on what would be a suitable vehicle for our circumstances.

We are a retired couple with zero camping or caravanning experience. We’d like to put our toes in the water and buy a small camper van, but don’t see a model that meets our needs. These would be ….

Second hand and diesel. We’d plan an extended trip over the winter months to Spain and Portugal, so a reasonably low price and fuel economy are important.

Two berth only. The days of loin fruits are long gone! We like our comfort but don’t need any room for extra passengers, dogs or whatever.

Must be self contained, and have it’s own loo, shower and cooking facilities. Bimbling about in communal showers isn’t a starter.

That’s it!

No doubt this is all ludicrously simple for the experienced types, but Johnny Newcomer is a flummoxed; there just doesn’t seem to anything that fits our relatively simple profile. Any and all advice will be gratefully received.

Eug

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Eug
    Nice to hear from

Hi Eug

Nice to hear from you.
    There are 2 basic questions to allow us to suggest vehicles to you.

1. Do you want a small vehicle like a campervan, or are you happy with a bigger vehicle like a motorhome? I am guessing the later if you want a bathroom.

2. What is your budget?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Eug
    Nice to hear from

Hi Eug

Nice to hear from you.

1. Do you want a small vehicle like a campervan, or are you happy with a bigger vehicle like a motorhome? I am guessing the later if you want a bathroom.

2. What is your budget?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Eug
    Nice to hear from

Hi Eug

Nice to hear from you.

2. What is your budget?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Eug
    Nice to hear from

Hi Eug

Nice to hear from you.

2. What is your budget?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Eug
    Nice to hear from

Hi Eug

Nice to hear from you.

2. What is your budget?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Eug
    Nice to hear from

Hi Eug

Nice to hear from you.

2. What is your budget?

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m kinda thinking the
    I’m kinda thinking the same….If you want all the singing/dancing inbuilt shower etc. I’d look towards a motorhome…ie Hymer etc.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m kinda thinking the
    I’m kinda thinking the same….If you want all the singing/dancing inbuilt shower etc. I’d look towards a motorhome…ie Hymer etc.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m kinda thinking the

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m kinda thinking the

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m kinda thinking the

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m kinda thinking the

Deb
    Participant

Don’t be too put of about the
    Don’t be too put of about the idea of campsite shower blocks,on good sites they are nicely heated and upto hotel standard. Please don’t think they are a bucket of cold water in the corner of a shed,though im sure some might be !

Deb
    Participant

Don’t be too put of about the
    Don’t be too put of about the idea of campsite shower blocks,on good sites they are nicely heated and upto hotel standard. Please don’t think they are a bucket of cold water in the corner of a shed,though im sure some might be !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.