Removing a Fiamma recessed table base – help!

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Removing a Fiamma recessed table base – help!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

I might suggest that you find a high kerb in a quiet cul-de-sac and bounce the front wheels up onto it for a few extra inches of ground clearance when you crawl under. Put a brick or something behind a back wheel, handbrake on and leave it in gear – that would be a lot safer than a jack anyway. You should be able to locate the stub of the table fitting with reference to the inside and the light of a good torch. It’s probably just held by age and possibly a bit of sealant, so a blunt screwdriver carefully tapped underneath the lip and pried around would do the trick – but it’s wise to check first.

Yes, I was having real trouble getting parts for the Midi’s almost 10 years ago – Vauxhall were useless and even scrapyards used to say they hadn’t seen one in ages…

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

I might suggest that you find a high kerb in a quiet cul-de-sac and bounce the front wheels up onto it for a few extra inches of ground clearance when you crawl under. Put a brick or something behind a back wheel, handbrake on and leave it in gear – that would be a lot safer than a jack anyway. You should be able to locate the stub of the table fitting with reference to the inside and the light of a good torch. It’s probably just held by age and possibly a bit of sealant, so a blunt screwdriver carefully tapped underneath the lip and pried around would do the trick – but it’s wise to check first.

Yes, I was having real trouble getting parts for the Midi’s almost 10 years ago – Vauxhall were useless and even scrapyards used to say they hadn’t seen one in ages…

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Bluebird
    Participant

Kerb crawling
    Hello again

Good luck

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.