Regards from the fyle coast.

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Regards from the fyle coast.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    normanmarina
    Participant

Hi all.Just joined this forum.I’m a 56 year old disabled lifelong motorcyclist.Have just had to take the heart wrenching decision to give up motorcycling due to detiorating health.My wife and I have decided to use the money we got for my bike/sidecar outfit to purchase a medium size camper to use for weekends away and to spend some quality time with our grandaughters.I don’t like driving cars but have always been happy enough in a van so a camper was the obvious decision.I would appreciate any advice on the way to go and my budget will be what I got for my combo or thereabouts.£1700-£2000.
    Kind regards to all.Colin.

normanmarina
    Participant

Title error!
    Of course the title should read Fylde!!! I live in a market town betwixt preston and blackpool.I must put a programme in that helps me remove any speeling mistacks!!

normanmarina
    Participant

Title error!
    Of course the title should read Fylde!!! I live in a market town betwixt preston and blackpool.I must put a programme in that helps me remove any speeling mistacks!!

normanmarina
    Participant

Title error!

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Colin
    Nice to hear from

Hi Colin

Nice to hear from you.

£2,000 isn’t the biggest of budgets for a campervan, but with some careful looking you should be able to find something that fits your needs.
    Are you looking for a smaller campervan style vehicle, or are you happy with a larger motorhome type of vehicle?
    Are you happy to get a vehicle that needs a bit of work doing to it?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Colin
    Nice to hear from

Hi Colin

Nice to hear from you.

£2,000 isn’t the biggest of budgets for a campervan, but with some careful looking you should be able to find something that fits your needs.
    Are you looking for a smaller campervan style vehicle, or are you happy with a larger motorhome type of vehicle?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Colin
    Nice to hear from

Hi Colin

Nice to hear from you.

normanmarina
    Participant

Medium size
    Hi Darren.I’m looking for a medium size van as it will be a replacement for my everyday vehicle as well as for the odd long weekend.Been looking at transits as there are plenty of spares but a lot seem to be rotten.I personally like the ldv but my daughters partner who is the mechanic/welder of the family is’nt so sure and reckons they eat kingpins.Something will turn up it’s just that they really seem to hold there value.Not adverse to a little work but dont want a full on project,not up to it health wise.Cheers.

normanmarina
    Participant

Medium size
    Hi Darren.I’m looking for a medium size van as it will be a replacement for my everyday vehicle as well as for the odd long weekend.Been looking at transits as there are plenty of spares but a lot seem to be rotten.I personally like the ldv but my daughters partner who is the mechanic/welder of the family is’nt so sure and reckons they eat kingpins.Something will turn up it’s just that they really seem to hold there value.Not adverse to a little work but dont want a full on project,not up to it health wise.Cheers.

normanmarina
    Participant

Medium size

rod whirity
    Participant

campervan selection
    hi norma keep an eye on ebay things do come up at half decent prices,ive bought a few iveco classics off there in the past for around the £1500 mark,or go down the route i,m taking by buying an ambulance and converting it yourself,that way you get it designed exactly as you want it,they already have the electric for lights etc and if you buy a later one than mine they have air suspension which might help with your disability..anyway good luck in your search and if i spot anything whilst i,m out and about i will let you know x

rod whirity
    Participant

campervan selection
    hi norma keep an eye on ebay things do come up at half decent prices,ive bought a few iveco classics off there in the past for around the £1500 mark,or go down the route i,m taking by buying an ambulance and converting it yourself,that way you get it designed exactly as you want it,they already have the electric for lights etc and if you buy a later one than mine they have air suspension which might help with your disability..anyway good luck in your search and if i spot anything whilst i,m out and about i will let you know x

rod whirity
    Participant

campervan selection

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.