Questions about Darrens sprinter consverion

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Questions about Darrens sprinter consverion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    john t
    Participant

Hi, im looking to convert a sprinter van into a camper in a similar layout to yours.

Ive got a few of questions about your conversion id be grateful if ud have a look at.

1. Can your remember roughly how much you spent on convering the van in total?

2. Was your bed big enough to sleep two?

3. Ive read on a few places that you need vents behind your fridge leading to the outside of the van. Did you put any in? If not, did it work out ok?

Thanks for your time!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. I will second the need for
    I will second the need for the vents,remember if it is running on gas to seal the cupboard the fridge is sitting in aswell.You will possible have have gas fumes otherwise inside the van.I’d also vent it to the floor.

2. Answers
    1. I spent about £1,000 on the van, and the same on the conversion. This included all materials, some tools, parts such as a new CD player, speakers, and exhaust and starter motor. I could have saved some money, by buying the glue for the carpet in bulk from the start, buying bigger packs of timer, etc.

2. Yes. It was slightly smaller than a household double bed, but fine for 2 people.

3. If you have a gas fridge then you need to vent it, because of the poisonous gasses given off by the fridge. Mine was an electric fridge, so no vent required. Definitely vent a gas fridge if you install one. The gasses are dangerous.

I hope this helps 🙂