Pre Installed Insulation

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Pre Installed Insulation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Roger_S_Far
    Participant

Dear all,

We are looking to purchase a Sprinter 311 CDI to have converted by a company. I found a really good low milage one, BUT it has already got insulation. It was used for food delivery (not refridgerated) but insulated. The back is completely encased in a fibreglass shell with some sort of insulation behind. Does anyone know if:

a. This insulation can be kept in place and used by a conversion company cutting appropriate hole in the sides for sockets, ducts and external fitting such as windows and vents?

b. If the above would not be possible if it is a big deal to get strip down and get rid of the insulation?

Help, much appreciated.

Thanks

RSF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. MMMF
    Triple M fibres.

Man Made Mineral Fibres.

Toxic, irritant, flammable (usually) and generally not very nice shit!

DIY possible but be VERY careful with face masks, eye protection , ignition sources.

2. You really need to ask the
    You really need to ask the conversion company.

However, If I were converting this van I would be very happy to have this insulation already fitted. It looks expensive and well done.
    Most insulation materials are light and very easy to cut through, so no problems there.

1. Thanks Darren. I asked a few
      Thanks Darren. I asked a few companies today and they said it would be a NIGHTMARE to work with some refused point blank to touch it which is a shame cos it was a low milage model too 61k! Back to the drawing board… or rather ebay!