Polarity testers

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Polarity testers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

Would someone be kind enough to talk me through Polarity testers?
    Out of all the years we have caravanned all the way round Europe, Never once have we used mains leccy on a site.
    Now with the campervan, we will…I’ll get a polarity tester, but what happens if it tells me it is opposite to my electric set up?
    Do I have to change all the cabling in my trailing sockets at the site? and what about the hook up and the entry to the Distribution unit?
    I’m very confused…..Anyone please?

Darren
    Keymaster

In Europe the hookup plugin
    In Europe the hookup plugin is 2-pin, so it’s possible to connect the wrong way around.
    The polarity checker will tell you if it’d the wrong way around.
    If it is just pull the 2 pin euro connector off, turn 180 degrees and push back in.

Darren
    Keymaster

In Europe the hookup plugin is 2-pin, so it’s possible to connect the wrong way around.
    If it is just pull the 2 pin euro connector off, turn 180 degrees and push back in.

Darren
    Keymaster

mgroadster
    Participant

Excellent ta. I know it’s
    Excellent ta. I know it’s easy to say, but thats what I thought, however I read on the Transit forum some knob elsewhere said that you had to change your cabling and at the time of reading, I thought nnnooooooo, surely not!

mgroadster
    Participant

Excellent ta. I know it’s easy to say, but thats what I thought, however I read on the Transit forum some knob elsewhere said that you had to change your cabling and at the time of reading, I thought nnnooooooo, surely not!

mgroadster
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

It’s as easy as it sounds.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.