Please help me before my brain explodes…

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Please help me before my brain explodes…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    missko
    Participant

So I bought a Vauxhall Vivaro with the intent of having what I could only really describe as a mobile tent, now, because of the excessive insurance costs I’m thinking about turning it into a proper camper, but I’m really unclear on what the minimum electrics I can get away with is, to reregister. I only ever wanted no thrills basics, I don’t want to put a telly or anything in, and I’m honestly more than happy with my camping stove I already had from camping in my tent. I really just want simplicity… can anyone advise? Thanks!

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi. The Government guidelines do not give an requirements on electrics, so you are free to do what you want.
    You definitely do not need to fit a TV.
    I would recommend fitting some 12v lights to light up the inside of the living space, not just to make it a nice place to sit and sleep at night, but also in case they ask to inspect your vehicle, they will be happy to see some lights inside.

missko
    Participant

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

But it says a permanently fixed cooking facility powered by gas or electricity? I should prob add that I definitely don’t want to fit gas… what would be the simplest thing I could do that would fit that requirement?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.