paint job…

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions paint job…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matthewmoore3
    Participant

Hi..

i dont have much money for a expensive paint job.. (and am also considering painting it myself) but was just wandering if anyone knew the fesibility/rough cost if you were to do all of the preperation yourself and if there are places you could make this kind of deal with..

does anybody know somewhere (/someone) who would do that kind of thing?.. ie charge you just for the pure spraying..

i hear for a full job it could be around £2000 (too much for me) but just wandering if anybody had any tips or suggestions or advice about the possibilty to bring the price down through doing a lot of the donkey work yourself..

otherwise ill be painting it with machine paint and a roller.. 🙂

thanks..

Matthew

Darren
    Keymaster

You’d need to ask around your
    You’d need to ask around your local spray shops. Some sprayers won’t let someone else prepare the vehicle, in case they don’t do a good job.

Using something like Rustoleum you could do the whole thing yourself for a few hundred quid. Rustoleum is a roll on paint that gives an excellent finish.

Darren
    Keymaster

You’d need to ask around your
    You’d need to ask around your local spray shops. Some sprayers won’t let someone else prepare the vehicle, in case they don’t do a good job.

Using something like Rustoleum you could do the whole thing yourself for a few hundred quid. Rustoleum is a roll on paint that gives an excellent finish.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m currently looking at
    I’m currently looking at paint shops for one of my Alfas (GTV V6) I have heard of one in the west Midlands, I’m getting a price and will let you know what I get quoted.
    stripping out, will help reduce the price, but do not do any body prep.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m currently looking at
    I’m currently looking at paint shops for one of my Alfas (GTV V6) I have heard of one in the west Midlands, I’m getting a price and will let you know what I get quoted.
    stripping out, will help reduce the price, but do not do any body prep.

matthewmoore3
    Participant

thanks for the
    thanks for the responses..

Thanks Darren for the tip on Rustoleum.. ill check it out.. probably ill end up rollering it

That would be much appreciated mgroadster if you let me know, especially as i live in the midlands

thanks!

matthewmoore3
    Participant

thanks for the
    thanks for the responses..

Thanks Darren for the tip on Rustoleum.. ill check it out.. probably ill end up rollering it

That would be much appreciated mgroadster if you let me know, especially as i live in the midlands

thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.