Opinons and advice?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Opinons and advice?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Flying Scotsman
    Participant

Looking to buy a van and convert into more of a ‘day van’ than a serious camper. Need it to be useful for business during weekdays and weekend camper/ support for tent use.
    We camp with a large tent so the vehicle is really for roomy transport and very occasional overnight use/ bad weather shelter!

Looking at options and concluded that Mazda, Hyundai, Toyota are best value. Low mileages seem available with MOT’s and in better nick than usual Transits, Fiats and VW’s.

Anyone have experience of the Asian vans?

My experience in motor trade years ago was that they were good vehicles but time often tells a different tale.

Any opinions or advice folks?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Cheers for that Darren
    Cheers for that Darren

2. Toyota HiAce is a better van
    Toyota HiAce is a better van than the VW, though less desirable as a camper, so better for you as a buyer.
    Engine lasts longer than the VW, and is generally better.

Hearing good things about the Huyundai, and would defiantly consider one.

If I were making a day van, I’d go for a Toyota I think.

3. Thanks for that. MPG is a
    Thanks for that. MPG is a consideration as it will have to be available for daily use for business and family also.
    Hired a Bongo 5 years ago (8 seater) for france trip. Like you say great to drive, spacious for our needs but it was a bit thirsty.

Will take note of your help cheers Jock.

Anyone else?

4. had a mazda bongo and a
    had a mazda bongo and a toyota hiace super custom… mazda was nice to drive and full of tricks, great support from the owners club but too small and bit thirsty… hiace was a good size and toyota would supply any part if you gave them the chassie no …2.4 has cylinder head issues ..2.8 non turbo is a bit slow ..3ltr turbo is nice… but all are very thirsty…. most of the jap import vans tend to be 4×4 autos and return poor MPG…..