Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gazb
    Participant

Hi all,
    Thinking of getting a camper in the new year now I can finally afford one. I will admit I’m totally clueless to this so any advice would be really appreciated.
    I’m looking for somthing small that requires minimum work, I’m pretty handy, but not mechanically. I’ve been thinking of somthing like a toyota hiace? are they any good?
    Thanks for any advice given

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Go for a HiAce if you can
    Go for a HiAce if you can find one. Good vans.
    If you’re looking for a van already converted your options are more limited, as professional converters only use a few different models.

The slightly smaller vans Fiat Scudo, Peugeot Expert, Citroen Dispatch (actually all the same van with different engines) are good and economical.

1. Cheers for the advice Darren,
      Cheers for the advice Darren, you’ll probably be hearing more from me in a couple of months!

2. Hi gazb
    Are you interested in

Hi gazb

Are you interested in buying a campervan already to go, or an empty van to do your own conversions.

Hiace is a good van. But not many around these days, which can make them a little bit expensive.

1. Hi darren,
      I was looking for

Hi darren,
      I was looking for somthing ready to go but don’t mind doing some work on it but as i said no good with the mechaical side of things. Could you recommend something else similar in size? Was told to look for hiace as there cheaper than a VW which is way out of my price range for a first van.