newbie too campervans

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van newbie too campervans

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    muckymerc
    Participant

mercedes 310D campervan

muckymerc
    Participant

MERCEDES 310 D
    Hi every one..Im happy too say im back in the camper van world after a 2 year break when i sold my bedford rascal roma home,now ive upgraded too a mercedes 310D,so im hoping too delve into your minds and enjoy the site,Wayne.

muckymerc
    Participant

MERCEDES 310 D
    Hi every one..Im happy too say im back in the camper van world after a 2 year break when i sold my bedford rascal roma home,now ive upgraded too a mercedes 310D,so im hoping too delve into your minds and enjoy the site,Wayne.

Darren

Hi Wayne
    Hi Wayne

Great to hear you are back in the world of campervaning.
    Hope you are enjoying the bigger van!

What are your plans for your campervan?

Darren

Hi Wayne
    Hi Wayne

Great to hear you are back in the world of campervaning.
    Hope you are enjoying the bigger van!

What are your plans for your campervan?

muckymerc
    Participant

away day plans.
    Hi darren..my plans at moment are too get the feel of the van ..just done my first drive glasgow too manchester runs well..down here for 3 weeks tripping round..having too cut back on my fishing equipment unless ive put trailer on..i need too rewire ciggarete lighter as no live feed and it doesnt say which number fuse on board,,and there all ok any way..so wired a temporay dog clip attachment too battery for sat nav too work..other problem is cold starting ,,glow plug only lights up after engine starts ..never had that happen before in any other diesiel ,A mine is in white i wont be washing her every 5 minutes hense the name Mucky merc ,lol…hoping next summer too get out a fun day setting up drive away awning with out destructions,,best done after a few beers i think,,enjoy your week end..wayne.

muckymerc
    Participant

away day plans.
    Hi darren..my plans at moment are too get the feel of the van ..just done my first drive glasgow too manchester runs well..down here for 3 weeks tripping round..having too cut back on my fishing equipment unless ive put trailer on..i need too rewire ciggarete lighter as no live feed and it doesnt say which number fuse on board,,and there all ok any way..so wired a temporay dog clip attachment too battery for sat nav too work..other problem is cold starting ,,glow plug only lights up after engine starts ..never had that happen before in any other diesiel ,A mine is in white i wont be washing her every 5 minutes hense the name Mucky merc ,lol…hoping next summer too get out a fun day setting up drive away awning with out destructions,,best done after a few beers i think,,enjoy your week end..wayne.

Boycee

Total newbie to van life. With zero knowledge of electrics.
    Assistance required please.
    When you have ehu do you set the 12v switch on the zig unit to car battery or leisure battery? I have 5amps coming into the van but when I turn the lights on they are very dim. I am worried that if I turn the switch to car battery it will run the power down & I won’t be able to start the van. The reason I ask is that my leisure battery in knackered. I am trying to source a replacement, but without much success. Thanks in advance

Boycee

Total newbie to van life. With zero knowledge of electrics.
    Assistance required please.
    When you have ehu do you set the 12v switch on the zig unit to car battery or leisure battery? I have 5amps coming into the van but when I turn the lights on they are very dim. I am worried that if I turn the switch to car battery it will run the power down & I won’t be able to start the van. The reason I ask is that my leisure battery in knackered. I am trying to source a replacement, but without much success. Thanks in advance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.