Newbie to conversion

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Newbie to conversion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    annem
    Participant

I’ve camped with tent/caravan all my life. I’m 72 and widowed. My husband and I had a large camper we lived/travelled in whilst waiting for our villa to be built in Spain. Now I’m alone camping in a tent is difficult. A pup tent is OK except during the evening if the weather is rotten. You either have to go to bed or sit in the car. I did consider going it alone with a small caravan we had bought later but decided that was too much for me. I have a daughter and her son and my own son too. Between us we could make use of a camper alone or in various combinations. We have most of the skills we need to convert a basic van. My grandson is keen to get involved as it would enhance his CV for studying engineering. I am doing the initial research as I’m retired so have the most time. There is so much to take in. We are very constrained by cost so looking for the basic van to cost no more than £3000 if at all possible. I so hope there won’t be a deluge of posts telling me that’s impossible. I still have dreams!

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi annem

This sounds like a great project and adventure.
    What a great project for your grandson to get involved in.
    Have you bought a van yet?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.