Newbie help needed!!!

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Newbie help needed!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lihanli
    Participant

Hello, I bought a renault kangoo a few years ago, wish I knew then what I know now that it is possible to turn into a small campervan but I want my next vehicle to be just that. Think I need bigger than the kangoo size as I would need 4 seat belted seats but I don’t know the sizes of all the vehicles that are suggested, I love camping and adventures not cars!!! It will be my main car so can’t have it too big, I saw a caddy maxi the other day and thought no bigger than that…… So please would really appreciate any advice on the following questions;
    What vehicles can be converted that are no bigger than the caddy maxi?
    I would like swivel seat, 4 seat belts, 2 berth, diesel, automatic transmission, kitchen, any suggestions?
    Is it best to buy second hand and have converted or buy already converted, private or trade?
    Is there a list anywhere of all the companies that convert?
    Would it be worth going to the motorhome show at NEC?
    Have many more questions, but this would be a great start!!! Thank you to anyone that can help……..

Darren

Hi Lihanli
    Hi Lihanli

It is possible to convert any vehicle into a campervan. Anything from a small car, small van, big van, right through to a double decker bus.
    The size does limit the possibilities, but you imagination can make up for the size.
    If you don’t want anything longer than a Caddy Maxi then also consider the Fiat Scudo, Citroën Dispatch and Peugeot Expert.

Check out this page about small conversions, and you can see some of the great things people have done with small vehicles:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/self-builds

Going to a show will give you many great ideas. Great if you want to buy a conversion, and great ideas if you want to do your own conversion.

Darren

Hi Lihanli
    Hi Lihanli

It is possible to convert any vehicle into a campervan. Anything from a small car, small van, big van, right through to a double decker bus.
    The size does limit the possibilities, but you imagination can make up for the size.
    If you don’t want anything longer than a Caddy Maxi then also consider the Fiat Scudo, Citroën Dispatch and Peugeot Expert.

Check out this page about small conversions, and you can see some of the great things people have done with small vehicles:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/self-builds

Going to a show will give you many great ideas. Great if you want to buy a conversion, and great ideas if you want to do your own conversion.

carolynn
    Participant

Van
    If you are not a car fan then I would suggest go for van. Looking at the number of people you are going to travel with and the needs, I guess van would be a good option. Any as far as the type of vehicles that are concerned, vans and any other big car can be converted into camper. It should serve your purpose. I would suggest to look for the ones that are already for sale new or used you might have to make some compromise initially but end of the day you can customize them as per you requirements.

carolynn
    Participant

Van
    If you are not a car fan then I would suggest go for van. Looking at the number of people you are going to travel with and the needs, I guess van would be a good option. Any as far as the type of vehicles that are concerned, vans and any other big car can be converted into camper. It should serve your purpose. I would suggest to look for the ones that are already for sale new or used you might have to make some compromise initially but end of the day you can customize them as per you requirements.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.