Newbie from Cumbria

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Newbie from Cumbria

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Charliesniff
    Participant

Hi there.
    Thinking of getting a camper and joined for advice.
    Have around 5 grand to spend so need advice on what is the best buy for two people and a dog.
    Cheers,
    Charliesniff.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Let us know a bit about yourselves and what you intend to do with the vehicle.
    How many people will travel in the vehicle, how many sleeping inside?
    Do you want a big or small vehicle?
    Will you be camping at weekends only or a longer trip?
    Do you have a driving license from before 1997 (this makes a difference to what you can drive).

All the best

Darren

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Let us know a bit about yourselves and what you intend to do with the vehicle.
    How many people will travel in the vehicle, how many sleeping inside?
    Do you want a big or small vehicle?
    Will you be camping at weekends only or a longer trip?
    Do you have a driving license from before 1997 (this makes a difference to what you can drive).

All the best

Darren

Charliesniff.

Starter camper.
    Hi Darren,
    I would use the camper initially for weekends away and then for longer breaks once used to it. Perhaps a short trip over to Belgium to see the battlefields. There would be two of us + barmy springer spaniel. I have had a licence for over 40 years!!!. so am over 60 but driving anything does not phase me. However power steering may come in handy.
    Thinking of T25 or Trafic so reasonable small vehicle.
    Regards,
    Nick.

Charliesniff.

Starter camper.
    Hi Darren,
    I would use the camper initially for weekends away and then for longer breaks once used to it. Perhaps a short trip over to Belgium to see the battlefields. There would be two of us + barmy springer spaniel. I have had a licence for over 40 years!!!. so am over 60 but driving anything does not phase me. However power steering may come in handy.
    Thinking of T25 or Trafic so reasonable small vehicle.
    Regards,
    Nick.

Nick.

Starter van
    Hi Darren,
    I am looking for a small T25/Trafic type van preferably diesel for two + mad Spaniel.
    Used for short weekend breaks initially but then longer breaks later possibly over the Channel.
    I passed my test in 1971!!!!!!!!!! so am a seasoned driver.
    Budget of around 5 grand.
    Cheers,
    Nick.

Nick.

Starter van
    Hi Darren,
    I am looking for a small T25/Trafic type van preferably diesel for two + mad Spaniel.
    Used for short weekend breaks initially but then longer breaks later possibly over the Channel.
    I passed my test in 1971!!!!!!!!!! so am a seasoned driver.
    Budget of around 5 grand.
    Cheers,
    Nick.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I would suggest getting something you can stand up in, a medium wheelbase Transit or Sprinter, as this is much nicer when you are at your destination.

One of our members is selling his vehicle for 5K
    https://www.campervanlife.com/node/11115

If you really wanted a T25 or similar then eBay and Autotrader.co.uk are great places to look.
    There is no best vehicle. T25 is more classic but requires more love to keep on the road than something more modern like the Trafic

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I would suggest getting something you can stand up in, a medium wheelbase Transit or Sprinter, as this is much nicer when you are at your destination.

One of our members is selling his vehicle for 5K
    https://www.campervanlife.com/node/11115

If you really wanted a T25 or similar then eBay and Autotrader.co.uk are great places to look.
    There is no best vehicle. T25 is more classic but requires more love to keep on the road than something more modern like the Trafic

Nick P

Starter van
    Thanks for that great info Darren. I will start my search in earnest now and take on board your suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Nick P

Nick P

Starter van
    Thanks for that great info Darren. I will start my search in earnest now and take on board your suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Nick P

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.