Newbie electrical help..12v LED downlights

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Newbie electrical help..12v LED downlights

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LT35s
    Participant

Afternoon all,

I am in the process of converting a VW LT35 and have purchased a ready made electrical kit / loom with a control panel, one of the switches on the control panel is for the lighting ring which has 6 spurs of it for the 6 downlights required. I have ran this in and have the cables hanging down in the correct position in the ceiling ply. I have purchased 6 LED downlights which came with a plug on the end of each. Can I cut the plugs off and connect them directly to the lighting ring or do they need to go into a junction box first? Any advice would be much appreciated! I would upload some photos to help with my question but unsure how to?

Many thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

You can cut the plugs of and connect the positive wire from each downlight to the switch.
    Your switch should be powered by a positive wire from the fuse box.

Post pictures if you like, I have enabled image uploads.

LT35s
    Participant

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your response. I cannot see where I can upload images and I cannot paste them into the reply.

Kind regards

LT35s
    Participant
    Darren
    Keymaster

I can’t see the switch in detail from the ebay listing.
    I assume it is one of the switches in the panel?
    If you solder the positive wired from all six lights to one side of the switch, and then power the other side of the switch with a live feed from the fuse box, all six lights will come on when you turn on the switch. The negative wire from all six s lights will need to be earthed, either to the van chassis/walls or back to the battery.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.