New to the scene looking at conversion

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself New to the scene looking at conversion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    syncrat
    Participant

Hello. We are just about ready after some research to buy a van (T5) and have decided that we are going to seek a van that does not have a kithen for max space and then get an awning tent to extend into. Does anyone have any views? Increasingly it seems that we may need to go down the route of getting one converted according to our spec. We live in Hampshire UK and are looking for a company that has a really solid reputation for conversions, decent warranty and back up etc. I guess getting a relationship going with a firm is a good thing. Any advice readily received.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

If you do not have a kitchen fitted to the van, you will probably not be able to insure it as a campervan, as all insurers that I know require a kitchen sink and cooking facilities be fitted to the van. So, you will probably have to insure the vehicle as a van.

I would always recommend finding a conversion company as close to you as possible, so that you can meet regularly and visit the vehicle during the conversion.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

If you do not have a kitchen fitted to the van, you will probably not be able to insure it as a campervan, as all insurers that I know require a kitchen sink and cooking facilities be fitted to the van. So, you will probably have to insure the vehicle as a van.

I would always recommend finding a conversion company as close to you as possible, so that you can meet regularly and visit the vehicle during the conversion.

syncrat
    Participant

Hi Darren
    Hi Darren
    Thank you for that. That’s something I had not factored in. Would insurance being significantly greater for a van? Also are all kitchens the same size or is it possible to go minimal?

syncrat
    Participant

Hi Darren
    Hi Darren
    Thank you for that. That’s something I had not factored in. Would insurance being significantly greater for a van? Also are all kitchens the same size or is it possible to go minimal?

Darren
    Darren
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.