New to campervans and boy is it a mind field!!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself New to campervans and boy is it a mind field!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hully72
    Participant

Hi all new to the campervan scene and have just purchased a 1996 Transit conversion which will be making its maiden voyage (well our maiden voyage in this van) up to Scotland for a week. there is a bit of a problem with it mind as the starter (van) battery keeps going flat when the leisure battery is connected and all switches on the ZIG controller are switched off. if anyone has any ideas to what could be causing this any advice would be grateful. van battery does not go flat with leisure battery removed.

Fulltimer
    Participant

My guess would be that your
    My guess would be that your battery isolator is broken, bypassed, or wired wrong.

Isolators are normally switched via the ignition, but some also have bypasses to allow the use of both batteries for starting. If it has such a bypass circuit, that could also be at fault.

Good Luck!

Fulltimer
    Participant

My guess would be that your
    My guess would be that your battery isolator is broken, bypassed, or wired wrong.

Isolators are normally switched via the ignition, but some also have bypasses to allow the use of both batteries for starting. If it has such a bypass circuit, that could also be at fault.

Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.