My new baby… :)

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van My new baby… :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dc6947
    Participant

Been a long day today! I got on the train and went up to Bradford to look at my chosen camper. I bought a return ticket just incase there were any problems with the van, but i have to say it was not needed – it was love at first sight! Spent a good few hours there getting everything sorted out, and the staff at Cordoba Leisure were absolutely fantastic, organising everything for me so i could drive home the same day, MOT, taxed, some last minute adjustments – and now i’m home and it’s 11pm and i’m exhausted but it was oh so much fun! While i was waiting the staff were very friendly/talkative and let me peek inside their most expensive vans for sale which i have to say were so very lovely, so lovely infact i’d be scared to drive them and scared someone would steal it!

Only slight annoyance was getting my insurance sorted out as it seemed to take forever and the price seems higher than the quote they gave me two days ago. Ah well.

I was worried about driving a big van but it’s been no problem at all, she drives even better on the motorway than my car does and pulls up hills fantastically. I think reversing will be a challenge for a while, but i’m getting there, i managed to parallel park it this evening between two cars which was an achievement. I have a tendancy to drastically over-estimate the length because i’m so scared of hitting something. Then, going round corners is interesting to begin with although i’m glad to say i didn’t mount the kerb, but i think i came close!

Well, here is a couple of piccies from the original ebay listing. I’ll try to get some inside ones soon. She has a U-shaped seating/bed area at the back and a toilet/shower at the front behind the drivers seat, and a kitchen unit along the side where the sliding door is. She is 56000 miles young and the internal conversion is brand new, and pretty neat, they did a great job. The only thing i really would like is to get the front passenger seats replaced with a single turning seat, that way my daughter can sleep and i can easily sit at the other end. No big deal right now anyway. Only thing i need to get now is a gas cylinder and away we go…. oh, and she needs a name.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Great news Donna. Enjoy 🙂
    Great news Donna. Enjoy 🙂