My First Time

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself My First Time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    abc2xyz
    Participant

Hi all – its my first time being a “Camper Person”. Actually i am not really yet. I have bought an old Land Rover pickup and am converting it – that is with many friends and professionals – in to a camper.

In August 2012 I woke up one morning and decided I wanted to do more. Wasn’t quite sure what “More” was. However, ideas developed until I came up with an idea to build a Land Rover Expedition vehicle. All my friends thought I was mad, this was a fad, or just something I would forget about.

I then bought an old pickup and started drawing ideas. Then we moved from denial stage to “Can’t be done”

My plan was to take a year so August 2013 is still my target date. My friends are now in the “Committed” stage, though I am not sure if it is me that they want to commit.

I have posted some photos and have a blog – at this stage only really tracking my design and thoughts.

I have lots of things i still need to resolve completely, so hopefully you guys will be willing to comment on and share ideas.

My bog is at http://www.abc2xyz.com and i have posted a couple of photos in the photos section. I would be really pleased to hear what you think.

Many Thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great idea.
    Sounds like a great idea. I’d love to do something similar myself. Wishing the best of luck.

Darren
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great idea. I’d love to do something similar myself. Wishing the best of luck.

Darren
    Keymaster

Kris
    Participant

Awesome
    I would love build one this, and I was going to before I brought my Transit Van but I decided I’d like the use of the van for the motorbikes ect also I was going to get a 70 Series Landcruiser (very popular in Africa and Australasia) which are a bit exspensive and hard to find in the uk.
    You’ll be surprised how comfortable a small space can be.
    lookforward to hearing more

Congrats and best of luck

Kris

Kris
    Participant

Awesome
    I would love build one this, and I was going to before I brought my Transit Van but I decided I’d like the use of the van for the motorbikes ect also I was going to get a 70 Series Landcruiser (very popular in Africa and Australasia) which are a bit exspensive and hard to find in the uk.

Kris

Kris
    Participant

Awesome

Kris

ZARA1984

need your help peeps please
    Hi all
    Its my first time on here and I was hoping with all your knowledge you could point me in the right direction.

I’m looking at buying a couple Citreon Relays and getting them converted. I need a list of companies that convert vans to a high quality. To include the norm all appliances and shower etc.
    I then need a list of where I can advertise the newly converted camper vans.
    I would appreciate it for your help and any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for yor help
    Cheers
    Zara

ZARA1984

Hi all
    Its my first time on here and I was hoping with all your knowledge you could point me in the right direction.

I’m looking at buying a couple Citreon Relays and getting them converted. I need a list of companies that convert vans to a high quality. To include the norm all appliances and shower etc.
    I would appreciate it for your help and any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Zara

ZARA1984

Hi all

Cheers
    Zara

abc2xyz
    Participant

Thanks
    Many thanks for your comment and additional email regarding fridges to which i responded. Really interesting thanks

abc2xyz
    Participant

Thanks
    Many thanks for your comment and additional email regarding fridges to which i responded. Really interesting thanks

abc2xyz
    Participant

Thanks

abc2xyz
    Participant

Luck is always useful
    Thanks for your response. I have found the idea easy – the hard work is the research and building the thing. I would say i have already been lucky to find a rareish 130 Defender for £3850 which is an great condition. New suspension, new brakes and great condition of the chassis. Normal knocks on the body, but i have a friend who is a panel beater, so he will sort out the body (whats left of it) after the conversion is finished.

abc2xyz
    Participant

Luck is always useful
    Thanks for your response. I have found the idea easy – the hard work is the research and building the thing. I would say i have already been lucky to find a rareish 130 Defender for £3850 which is an great condition. New suspension, new brakes and great condition of the chassis. Normal knocks on the body, but i have a friend who is a panel beater, so he will sort out the body (whats left of it) after the conversion is finished.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.