Mercedes 308d – mileage

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Mercedes 308d – mileage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chester1066
    Participant

I recently went to look at an old 1985 mercedes 210 petrol with low mileage..but decided not to purchase it for various reasons.
    Ive now spotted a mercedes 308 diesel autohomes conversion, which I’m very interested in – it ticks almost all the right boxes for me, but the mileage is a staggering 290,000!

Im wondering, when somethings ‘gone round the clock’ already…how far does it have to go, to have gone round the clock! Ive heard mercedes engines are bullet proof, but this is putting me off purchasing…

what do others think?

thanks all x

Darren
    Keymaster

Some Mercedes vans will go
    Some Mercedes vans will go until 500,000 miles.
    It’s all about the general condition of the van.
    Is the bodywork good? Is the transmission good? Does it make bad sounds?
    A higher mileage van will have a few more problems than a lower mileage van, and so the price should be cheaper.

Darren
    Keymaster

Some Mercedes vans will go
    Some Mercedes vans will go until 500,000 miles.
    It’s all about the general condition of the van.
    Is the bodywork good? Is the transmission good? Does it make bad sounds?
    A higher mileage van will have a few more problems than a lower mileage van, and so the price should be cheaper.

chester1066
    Participant

Thanks Darren – Ive not seen
    Thanks Darren – Ive not seen the van in person yet – its 2 hours from me, by car.. the body work looks good from the photos and the underneath has been regularly wax oiled.. I need to go see it, although its on ‘buy it now’ with ‘best price offer’ on ebay, so it could go any minute :-/ Mot only til April.

500,000 miles – wow!!

chester1066
    Participant

Thanks Darren – Ive not seen
    Thanks Darren – Ive not seen the van in person yet – its 2 hours from me, by car.. the body work looks good from the photos and the underneath has been regularly wax oiled.. I need to go see it, although its on ‘buy it now’ with ‘best price offer’ on ebay, so it could go any minute :-/ Mot only til April.

500,000 miles – wow!!

chester1066
    Participant
    chester1066
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.