Meeting people

Home Forum topic Camping Meeting people

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant

So I have set off round europe by myself and currently am on a campsite near Pointe du Raz in Brittany.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good friendly places to stay on route down to Portugal. I am planning to travel down the west coast of France as I like surfing (if you can call my surfing actually surfing!). I know it is silly and I only set off last week, but it would be nice to see some friendly faces as I feel a bit alone! I am here for 1 more night then heading south tomorrow. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jen

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi JR. The thing is, you
    Hi JR. The thing is, you never know where you are going to meet a friend.
    We were tooling along down to the south of France few some years ago and using the Michelin guide to France aimed for an “aire naturelle” site in the Alps for the night.(These are basic sites with a cold tap and a bog).
    We drove along an Alpine rd, and I was thinking “eff me how much further into the mountains” for aprox 3 km and suddenly found it.There were only two other vehicles there.
    There was a Dutch couple (English speaking thank gawd) and an English man who was on his way to Nice to meet his son.
    D’you know what? We had the best evening ever with these 3 people whom we’d never met in our lives before,and thoroughly enjoyed their company. It happens spontaneously and not planned.
    Our very best friends, we met on a cruise through the Carribean. Keep on driving my friend, you’ll happen to bump into someone sometime.
    Y’know how it is…You plan a gigantic p*ss up and it doesn’t happen. A mate knocks on the door and asks you down for a quick pint and you fall in the door 4 hours later! Always unplanned and spontaneous.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi JR. The thing is, you
    We were tooling along down to the south of France few some years ago and using the Michelin guide to France aimed for an “aire naturelle” site in the Alps for the night.(These are basic sites with a cold tap and a bog).
    We drove along an Alpine rd, and I was thinking “eff me how much further into the mountains” for aprox 3 km and suddenly found it.There were only two other vehicles there.
    There was a Dutch couple (English speaking thank gawd) and an English man who was on his way to Nice to meet his son.
    D’you know what? We had the best evening ever with these 3 people whom we’d never met in our lives before,and thoroughly enjoyed their company. It happens spontaneously and not planned.
    Our very best friends, we met on a cruise through the Carribean. Keep on driving my friend, you’ll happen to bump into someone sometime.
    Y’know how it is…You plan a gigantic p*ss up and it doesn’t happen. A mate knocks on the door and asks you down for a quick pint and you fall in the door 4 hours later! Always unplanned and spontaneous.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi JR. The thing is, you

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi JR. The thing is, you

JR
    Participant

I know your right
    Thank You, I know you are right, I suppose I am just feeling a bit lonely and insecure but I know it will pass, and Ill get used to it, it is all so new and just want a bit if reassurance so thank you!

JR
    Participant

I know your right
    Thank You, I know you are right, I suppose I am just feeling a bit lonely and insecure but I know it will pass, and Ill get used to it, it is all so new and just want a bit if reassurance so thank you!

JR
    Participant

I know your right

JR
    Participant

I know your right

Darren
    Keymaster

I did a similar thing years
    I did a similar thing years ago. Best place to meet people is wild camping at the beaches. You’ll meet loads of other surfer. Don’t worry if you’re not very good, most wont care.

Go to the beaches during the day, if you see other vans parked up, park near them, then go over for a chat. Most people are happy for a chat straight away.

Good luck.

Darren
    Keymaster

I did a similar thing years ago. Best place to meet people is wild camping at the beaches. You’ll meet loads of other surfer. Don’t worry if you’re not very good, most wont care.

Go to the beaches during the day, if you see other vans parked up, park near them, then go over for a chat. Most people are happy for a chat straight away.

Good luck.

Darren
    Keymaster

Good luck.

Darren
    Keymaster

Good luck.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.