Lucky or what??

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Lucky or what??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

Early this morning, I was reading the thread about tarpaulin awnings and that got me thinking that I really did need to find a drive away awning.
    I looked on Ebay, and resigned myself to spending circa £150/200 on one.
    Whilst doing some work afterwards, my wife phoned me to tell me that the boot sale she was at was massive.
    As I was hoping to find a camper sink tap and some other bits n’bobs, i jumped in the camper and went up there..(Fordham, just north of Newmarket).
    I parked in the car park and started walking along the 1st row of sellers.
    I was a little way along, when WHAT???? There was a JustKampers spacemaker driveaway awning for £65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I only had a few quid on me, as the last thing I was expecting to find was something I was looking on the net for 3/4hour earlier.
    I spoke to them at length about it, (lovely couple)they only used it once or twice in Cornwall, and I checked it out.(12′ sq with inner tent and sleeps 6)
    I told them, that I’d like to buy it if they didn’t sell it….(It’s not everybodies cup of tea at a booty). Hoping they wouldn’t sell it, I asked for their ph. number.
    He showed a pic of it erected from his phone.
    Went over to tell my wife, and blow me….She had some cash!
    We could only get 50 quid together there and then.
    I told her where it was and she went for a look too and try to buy it,(She’s a far better bargainer than me. When I see something really cheap, I feel guilty about knocking them down again). Blow me within minutes she was back with the guy carrying the awning and she had the inner tent and pegs etc.Bought for only £50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Opened it all out this pm and it’s perfect!! Spacemakers are about £250 new and are selling 2nd hand for circa £150/170!! I’ll cherish this for years, Happy lucky was I today eh???

Andy P
    Participant

What about the taps?
    MGR,

You are a lucky bunny. You must have been fated to get that kit; right place at right time and with the right people. I bet you are well chuffed with that! I reckon that to be an absolute bargain.

It is amazing how a little cash in the pocket and a walk round these markets can strike so lucky on occasion. I once stumbled upon some very rare audio tape recordings of just as rare audio books for very little money. I converted them over to MP3 format and still listen to them now, years later!

Anyway, well done MGR and it just goes to show how reading a thread in these forums can lead to a chain of events that puts smiles on lots of faces…….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

What about the taps?
    MGR,

You are a lucky bunny. You must have been fated to get that kit; right place at right time and with the right people. I bet you are well chuffed with that! I reckon that to be an absolute bargain.

It is amazing how a little cash in the pocket and a walk round these markets can strike so lucky on occasion. I once stumbled upon some very rare audio tape recordings of just as rare audio books for very little money. I converted them over to MP3 format and still listen to them now, years later!

Anyway, well done MGR and it just goes to show how reading a thread in these forums can lead to a chain of events that puts smiles on lots of faces…….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

What about the taps?
    MGR,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

What about the taps?
    MGR,

Andy P.

Darren
    Keymaster

Great find well done. It
    Great find well done. It really pays to look around and talk to people.

Darren
    Keymaster

Great find well done. It

Darren
    Keymaster

Great find well done. It

Darren
    Keymaster

Great find well done. It

jammy
    jammy git :-)lol

suz

jammy

suz

jammy

suz

jammy

suz

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.