looking at this van today – any thoughts?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van looking at this van today – any thoughts?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    matthewmoore3
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking at this van later… im pretty new to the world of campervans so thought id post it here to see if it seems like a good deal to anyone, seems pretty good to me after looking around a while. It works out at £3200 and is pretty well set up already, not too old, and has been used as a leisure vehicle all its life. (i think)

http://suchen.mobile.de/wohnwagen-inserat/fiat-ducato-244-2-8-jtd-m%C3%BCnchen/178183413.html

here is a translation of the german in google translate:

Camper on Fiat Ducato for surfers, bikers, climbers ready for the big summer vacation! Admission as a special vehicle RV> 2.8 t thoughtful and practical strengthening: – 2 +2 beds – Huge storage space (garage for windsurf, 2 bikes, skis, …) – Headroom 1,88 m – seating for 5 people – large kitchen block with cooker (2 burner) – sink, water tank – Waeco compressor fridge – ready for 2nd Battery – Recaro driver seat, two-seat passenger – glazing rear and door – sunroof – completely isolated vehicle: Fuel (~ 9 liters) and yet powerful diesel engine in perfect condition 260000km almost all long-haul with 120 km / h alternator, belts, battery new (2 / 2013), new brakes (8/2012) Defects of the body (various scratches and dents, rust on the sills) Upcoming repairs: Tie Rod End game has ABS light is electric windows on the left is fixed

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew

Darren
    Keymaster

Yep, seems like a good
    Yep, seems like a good vehicle if you need that configuration, and are happy with the left hand drive.
    I’d be tempted by this one as it would suit my needs.

Darren
    Keymaster

Yep, seems like a good
    Yep, seems like a good vehicle if you need that configuration, and are happy with the left hand drive.

Darren
    Keymaster

Yep, seems like a good

matthewmoore3
    Participant

thanks..yes probably will
    thanks..

yes probably will mostly be used in germany/europe so left hand drive is good and looks setup pretty well, but also relatively minimal, which i like. ive seen a couple 1991 transit campers for 3500 euros, so a 2002 fiat seems pretty good for that price..

have been looking at mercedes sprinters/old mercedes campers too, but they seem a bit pricier. i know they hold their value more due to the quality.. but i like the fiat compared to what you can get for the same money with mercedes.

well ill see how it is later.. 🙂

matthewmoore3
    Participant

thanks..

yes probably will mostly be used in germany/europe so left hand drive is good and looks setup pretty well, but also relatively minimal, which i like. ive seen a couple 1991 transit campers for 3500 euros, so a 2002 fiat seems pretty good for that price..

have been looking at mercedes sprinters/old mercedes campers too, but they seem a bit pricier. i know they hold their value more due to the quality.. but i like the fiat compared to what you can get for the same money with mercedes.

matthewmoore3
    Participant

thanks..

Darren
    Keymaster

Good luck, seems like a good
    Good luck, seems like a good choice.
    I have a Merc (my second in fact), and whilst good and reliable, the front wheel drive of Fiat gives you a lower vehicle, and it’s also wider. I would be tempted to try a Fiat in the future.

Darren
    Keymaster

I have a Merc (my second in fact), and whilst good and reliable, the front wheel drive of Fiat gives you a lower vehicle, and it’s also wider. I would be tempted to try a Fiat in the future.

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.