Log book

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Log book

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sunsearcher
    Participant

Hi can anyone tell me is it ok to travel through France and Spain without the full log book (reg. docs) as mine are still in Swansea, I only have the bottom slip from the log book. Would like to get away before half term Regards Sunsearcher

mgroadster
    Participant

I’ve been nicked abroad
    I’ve been nicked abroad before,(motoring offence) and NEVER has anybody asked me for the reg. docs of my car/van.
    It’s all instant fines on the spot, and no border checks…..I’d certainly go with the small geen slip without waiting for the V5 to return. But thats just me. The only time you need all the docs spot on, is if you enter Turkey, and then it’s a round robin from one border office to another, before you finally clear the final guard office.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’ve been nicked abroad
    I’ve been nicked abroad before,(motoring offence) and NEVER has anybody asked me for the reg. docs of my car/van.
    It’s all instant fines on the spot, and no border checks…..I’d certainly go with the small geen slip without waiting for the V5 to return. But thats just me. The only time you need all the docs spot on, is if you enter Turkey, and then it’s a round robin from one border office to another, before you finally clear the final guard office.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’ve been nicked abroad

mgroadster
    Participant

As an afterthought…If your
    As an afterthought…If your mail can be collected by someone you trust. If it truly worries you, get em to scan the V5 when it arrives and send it to youR email adress. Go to an internet centre abroad, open up the attachment and print it off…..As good and effective as the real docs…(Unless you’re entering Turkey LOL).

mgroadster
    Participant

As an afterthought…If your mail can be collected by someone you trust. If it truly worries you, get em to scan the V5 when it arrives and send it to youR email adress. Go to an internet centre abroad, open up the attachment and print it off…..As good and effective as the real docs…(Unless you’re entering Turkey LOL).

mgroadster
    Participant

Sunsearcher
    Participant

Thank you
    Thanks for the advice, if V5 doesn’t arrive will go with the slip. Going to try to get to Almeria bit of photography at the race track.Thank you.

Sunsearcher
    Participant

Thank you
    Thanks for the advice, if V5 doesn’t arrive will go with the slip. Going to try to get to Almeria bit of photography at the race track.Thank you.

Sunsearcher
    Participant

Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.