Leisure Battery Help VW transporter

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Leisure Battery Help VW transporter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alcatraz
    Participant

Hi guys need help, So i took out the bulkhead to make a start of the van conversion and noticed a battery under the passenger seat i have a T32 LWB 2017 With all the extras so i have the upgraded sound system with a base box fitted between the seats so i am gussing the battery is fitted for the system…Can i come straight off that battery for my van electrics???

Alcatraz
    Participant

another pic passenger seat

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Alcatraz.
    Attachments:
    Alcatraz
    Participant

bonnet

Attachments:
    Alcatraz
    Participant

drivers seat AMP

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Alcatraz.
    Darren
    Keymaster

So this battery is just for the sound system when parked up?
    If so this is effectively a leisure battery, and yes you could use it for your living area.
    Before you do this though I would just check the quality of the battery, how much charge it holds, and I assume it is charged from the engine battery via a split charge relay? Just check all looks in order.
    If everything is OK you can attach your own fuse box to this and use it to power your living area.

Alcatraz
    Participant

Thx for the reply I have recently found out that VW installed a aux Heating system with the fob it warms the van up for a total of 30mine thats the reason for the battery under the seat the sound system was just added to the battery under the seat, I do run a smart altantor and the battery is charging at 14.6 and i can hear the relay click when i turn ignition on..So i am gussing VW have done it all so i can just come off that battey into a fuse panel for 12v???..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.