leisure battery

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat leisure battery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tim1989
    Participant

Hi gays new to the forum.
    I drive a ldv maxus that I’ve. Made into a camper for when I work away from home.

I just sorted my leisure battery out but because I want to run my 3fridge of it and have no means of 240v when I’m away (and haven’t cuts My vents yet for gas) I was thinking of adding 2 cars battery’s I have to the 100amp leisure battery. Would this be OK? I no car battery ain’t ideal but I already have them

Darren

Hi
    Hi

A 3-way fridge uses a lot of energy when running on 12v.
    This is because it’s assumed it will be connected to a engine when on 12v, and energy is effectively limitless then.
    Running a 3-way fridge on 12v will normally flatten a battery quickly.
    Do you know the power usage of the fridge, or the modal?

You can add any combination of batteries together, to create a bigger ‘battery cell’.
    However, it’s only recommended to connect batteries of the same size and age, or the weaker/smaller batteries will affect the performance of the other batteries.

A car battery is fine to run a fridge though. It’s not that much different to a cheap leisure battery.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

A 3-way fridge uses a lot of energy when running on 12v.
    This is because it’s assumed it will be connected to a engine when on 12v, and energy is effectively limitless then.
    Running a 3-way fridge on 12v will normally flatten a battery quickly.
    Do you know the power usage of the fridge, or the modal?

You can add any combination of batteries together, to create a bigger ‘battery cell’.
    However, it’s only recommended to connect batteries of the same size and age, or the weaker/smaller batteries will affect the performance of the other batteries.

A car battery is fine to run a fridge though. It’s not that much different to a cheap leisure battery.

Darren

I would get your gas vents in
    I would get your gas vents in, and run the fridge from the gas. Much easier option.

Darren

I would get your gas vents in
    I would get your gas vents in, and run the fridge from the gas. Much easier option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.