leisure battery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thedrifter
    Participant

Just got myself a Peugeot 350 lwb converted camper.Its leisure battery only charges on electric hook up and not when being driven.The seller says its like that so theres no extra load on the van battery.Is this correct?Theres a zig unit fitted.Does it maybe need a split charge relay?

Darren
    Keymaster

If you charge the leisure
    If you charge the leisure battery from the engine battery with split charge relay I think there might be some extra load on the alternator. However, I think it’s minimal and not worth worrying about. You’ll have to replace the alternator one day, so why not use it to charge the leisure battery, which is really important.
    I’ve never had to replace an alternator yet.

What Zig unit do you have?
    I personally would fit a relay independent of the Zig unit, as they’re not the best.

Darren
    Keymaster

If you charge the leisure battery from the engine battery with split charge relay I think there might be some extra load on the alternator. However, I think it’s minimal and not worth worrying about. You’ll have to replace the alternator one day, so why not use it to charge the leisure battery, which is really important.

I personally would fit a relay independent of the Zig unit, as they’re not the best.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.