Legalities of privately hiring out your own Van

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Legalities of privately hiring out your own Van

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chapelure
    Participant

I’m in the process of purchasing a Sprinter Camper van for next summers hols with the Family but I know it will have little use otherwise. Any advice about hiring out your own van would be welcome! sorry if there has already been a thread on this subject!

cheers

Chapelure

mgroadster
    Participant

You’ll need at least….”Hire
    You’ll need at least….”Hire & reward” insurance (Quite expensive). Public liability insurance,(for when they sue you because the van broke down and they lost their hols).Fully comprehensive breakdown cover, Gas safety checks and certs, and probably another grands worth of stuff I haven’t mentioned.
    Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the risk. Keep it for yourself.

mgroadster
    Participant

You’ll need at least….”Hire & reward” insurance (Quite expensive). Public liability insurance,(for when they sue you because the van broke down and they lost their hols).Fully comprehensive breakdown cover, Gas safety checks and certs, and probably another grands worth of stuff I haven’t mentioned.

mgroadster
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

Roadster is right, there are
    Roadster is right, there are many costs associated with renting out a vehicle. Except it to get damaged, and needing repairs. There is also marketing and advertising.

Darren
    Keymaster

Roadster is right, there are many costs associated with renting out a vehicle. Except it to get damaged, and needing repairs. There is also marketing and advertising.

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.